Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

firebird xl

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 05:14 PM
iflyufly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default firebird xl

Just finished charging my batteries for my Firebird for the first time. When I connect the battery to the motor the prop spins whenever I turn the radio off even though I have it throttled off. Is this normal?
Old 01-31-2003, 08:13 PM
ElectriFan-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default firebird xl

If your battery is connected when you turn the Tx off, then the receiver is receiving radio signals from another source (you may also see the servo twitch). If you look at your instructions carefully, you'll probably find that you are ALWAYS supposed to turn your Tx on first, then connect the battery. When done fllying, you should disconnect the battery first and then turn off the Tx.

If you don't find it in the instructions, then shame on the manuf for not doing so. Now you know what to do.
Old 02-03-2003, 12:43 AM
Lynn S

Default firebird xl

That's normal. I have a car that will do the same.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:23 PM
iflyufly

Default firebird

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I didn't get any instructions when I purchased my Firebird. I got it off e-bay. It supposedly had never been out of the box. Turned out not be the case. No manuals or video! I did download the instrction manual off the net, so was able to get it assembled. Still waiting to fly when the weather breaks. Any suggestions for my first flight?
Old 02-03-2003, 09:45 PM
ElectriFan-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default firebird xl

The Rookie Firebird owners thread on Ezone is a pretty good start. I haven't looked on this site if it had any such thread, but this one is great.

Also, it can be calm on the surface but quite breezy once above any tree line. Since it rises on airspeed, this can make it fly away since there is no elevator control. My flying buddy lost his Firebird this way.

Have fun.