Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Newbie w/ Typhoon 3D

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 02:45 AM
dougwo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie w/ Typhoon 3D

I just got my typhoon today... I'm kinda new to RC plane.
A few question.
1. What is the neutral position for the ailerons as it is a symmetrical wing? The mid line? or the top surface?
2. I tighten the screw for the wings. But it seems like to me that the right wing aileron is 2cm further away from the fuse? does it matter?

Thanks!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Hatty

Default RE: Newbie w/ Typhoon 3D

The aileron should be in the same plane as a line drawn from the tip of the wing to the rear. So, midway.

You will have a gap between the fuse and the ailerons, but did you say that one aileron is longer than the other?

If you are new to RC planes, you probably do not want to fly that plane. It is a 3D plane and is very difficult for beginners to control. You need to get a trainer as your first plane so you can develop your skills without quitting from frustration or destroying your plane.
Old 01-24-2007, 02:30 PM
dougwo

Thanks for the advise.
I had a trainer before. But without the aileron, it is pretty much nothing to learn.
I just hope its easier to learn than my helis.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Leo L

Doug,

Keep the transmitter set to low rates and don't let the plane ghet too far away from you. It gets hard to distinguish between the top and bottom of the plane and since the Typhoon flies inverted almost as well as right side up, its very easy to lose orientation. I painted the top of my plane red, the bottom blue and left a white stripe down the middle. Now its easy to tell which side is up and which side is down. Good luck.