Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Hobbyzone Super Cub

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 03:40 PM
Drcoyote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobbyzone Super Cub

Hello! I am new to r/c flying, so I purchased the super cub rtf from hobbyzone. Can I conduct a "power off" test glide with the super cub by throwing the aircraft into the wind? I would like to do a test glide so I can get a feel for the elevator and rudder. I have been controlling the r/c airplane on blacktop to see how the controls work. It seems when I apply throttle, the plane wants to go towards the left (on the ground). Does this mean the tail wing is bent? Any other suggestions regarding learning to fly are appreciated.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:32 PM
patnchris

Default RE: Hobbyzone Super Cub

Check out [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4371835/tm.htm]THIS THREAD[/link] in Park and Backyard Fliers.....Everything you ever wanted to know about the Super Cub...Pat
Old 12-31-2006, 05:19 PM
EC130

No. That is the torque from the motor making the plane turn. You'll also notice the SC has a tendency to turn left in the air unless you trim it out using your transmitter trim slide. I have a SC and LOVE it! My friend Gordo and I fly combat everyday with them and we own the drop/combat/and night flying modules. After many collisions, crashes, repairs, we finally started to follow all the great advice on the official SC thread here in RCUNIVERSE and it has really added to the longevity of our planes. Especially epoxying in the Battery box and taping the tail. I have since painted mine red, "notched" all my kills, and built floats. They are a blast!
Old 01-01-2007, 02:07 PM
acarter

I know a normal 4 channel plane has ailerons, rudder, elevator, and power, but with the three channel plane what control is missing
Old 01-01-2007, 03:34 PM
AJ1202

acarter on the SC it's the ailerons that are missing, but don't be mislead a 3 channel plane can have ailerons and no rudder or rudder and no ailerons. 4 channel just means (most of the time) it has them all
Old 01-01-2007, 04:03 PM
acarter

ok, thanks
Old 01-01-2007, 06:57 PM
acarter

hey, does anyone have a vid of the sc in action or where to see one
Old 01-01-2007, 07:04 PM
xAaron

You can just go to www.youtube.com and type in hobbyzone super cub.

You can also try this link for some info.
http://www.danmarx.org/blog/?p=78

Also more info here
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=5193883
Old 01-12-2007, 09:38 PM
Gary Hoorn

Can I conduct a "power off" test glide with the super cub by throwing the aircraft into the wind?
I would not recommend that! It will not stay in the air long enough to teach you anything and more than likely will crash. Try to find someone who can assist you for the first few flights.
Gary
Old 01-14-2007, 10:16 PM
m0ng00se

I self taught myself on the Super Cub. Simply find a very large field, and go there on a day with 0-3 mph winds if possible. I simply did my range check, then got my brother to hold the plane in front of me, and i trimmed all the control surfaces until they were even with the rest of the plane.
Then go full throttle and have someone toss it for you. Glide straight forward with very slight up elevator until you have 150+ feet altitude. Now you can throttle down a little if you want and begin turning and such.
I had 11 flights on my SC before i flew it away [] But, i enjoyed it so much for those 11 flights, that i immedietly ordered a new one

Just learn the basics for flying RC and you should be able to do well.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:35 PM
lyndman26

I got me a super myself. IT'S SO MUCH FUN!!! The field I fly in is kinda small but its pretty sweet. I plan on making a video some time.