Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Am I doing this right?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Am I doing this right?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:50 PM
dkf1979

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I doing this right?

I'm putting together my first electric plane. Am I putting the components together right?
I'm assuming the black and red wires go together on the motor and ESC. So should I connect the blue to the white?
Also, The wire going to my reciever doesn't have a tab on the side of the plug to make sure it's plugged in the correct way. How do I know which direction to plug it in? And it goes in channel 3, correct?
Anything I need to know about a balancer? I have the balancer in between my charger and battery.... That is correct?
Anything else I need to know before I go putting this together on my plane? I don't want to blow up/ burn/ or fry anything.
Thanks,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89282.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	627806   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw73195.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	627807  
Old 02-23-2007, 12:05 AM
scoooper

Default RE: Am I doing this right?

DKF1979::: look'in good!! make sure to put the female deans conn, on the batt, look at you reciever REAL CLOSE and it should be a + &- on the side someplace, A,T,H,F is on and I'll have to get back wit ya latter, your bubscoooper

Name:	Ay76174.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	627823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58673.jpg
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	627824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99806.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	627825  
Old 02-23-2007, 01:21 AM
dkf1979

Thanks a lot! I didn't even think about the male and female on the deans for the battery. Makes me wonder if I would have caught it before I got it soldered up! Probably would have learned pretty quickly had I not asked for help.

I've got 2 different motor/esc setups for 2 different planes. I also have 2 different batteries. (I bought the batteries based on recomendations for each set up) Can I use either of my batteries with either of my motor/esc combinations?

The motor/esc combos:
1st-Dualsky XM300A Brushless Outrunner/hexTronik 15A Brushless Speed Controller
2nd-Hacker A20-20L/Hacker X-20 ESC

And now my batteries:
hexTronik 1000mAh 11.1v 20-30C Lipo
Vislero 3-Cell 15C 1350mah Lipo (11.1V)

If I swap the batteries between planes.... I won't be stressing any of the components will I?

Thanks,
Dan

Old 02-23-2007, 10:22 AM
scoooper

DFK1979:::you can swap them just do'nt floor it for more than 10sec, with eithier of em and give her a 30sec, break between hard throdlel'in, looks like someone gave you some good advice on the flite-packs as I'd be a happy camper with either set up as from what I see all your stuff should interchange real well , your bub scoooper

Name:	Ur51974.jpg
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	627963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lh18498.jpg
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	627964   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg93595.jpg
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	627965  
Old 02-26-2007, 05:21 PM
dkf1979

Thanks scooper. I have the Extra 300 flatout and the Airfoilz Edge 540. I haven't had time so far to get either of them built. The hacker's for the Edge of course. So, I don't think i'll be doing to much full throttle flying. Sounds like the batteries should work just fine. That works out well. Three Lipos should keep me busy for a while between charges. These are my first electric planes. All my other planes have been 40 sized nitros. So I guess I'm just starting my collection of lipos. Probably can't have to many batteries in the electric world.
I'm trying to find a good deal on a triton charger on ebay. My MKII was designed to charge lithium ion i guess. So apparently it won't charge my lipos to capacity. At least that is what I've learned. [&:] Any experience with the triton? Do you know of any other chargers that can do what the triton does but can also charge multiple packs?
Anyways... Thanks for the info!
Dan