Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Minimag questions

Old 03-04-2007, 01:21 PM
gt5500

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Minimag questions

I just got a minimag i bought it to learn ailerons but I have been reading that it needs differential for the airlerons to work? I am planning on getting a DX6 but I can't afffor that right now but I do have a skysport 4 laying about but that can't do differential. Will I be able to use that TX? I am starting to worry that I should have got the e-starter instead as I have not heard of them requiring differential, I have also heard that the minimag prefers flying on rudder/elevator is this true because in that case did I choose a bad aileron trainer?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:14 PM
scoooper

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Minimag questions

gt5500::: good choice!! I read some reviews and it sounds like your gonna have a ball, your bub, scoooper, PS heres some specks on her, wing span 1010 mm
fuselage ü. a. 820 mm
weight 580 g
wing loading (FAI) 26 g/dm²
RC functions ruder/elevator/moto r -
Motor (std.) Permax 400 6 V
battery 7/ AA or 2S LiBatt 2000mAh
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95516.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	634971  
Old 03-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Flare

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi,

Check out my mini mag setup at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_15...Changar/tm.htm

As for flying, the plane does turn more axial on rudder. If you want to fly no ailerons, you will need to feed in rudder on the turns as well otherwise the turns look really
weird and if someone were in the back seat of the mini mag...he/she would probably be feeling really uncomfortable.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:26 AM
gt5500

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Flare

Hi,

Check out my mini mag setup at http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_15...Changar/tm.htm

As for flying, the plane does turn more axial on rudder. If you want to fly no ailerons, you will need to feed in rudder on the turns as well otherwise the turns look really
weird and if someone were in the back seat of the mini mag...he/she would probably be feeling really uncomfortable.
I think you mis understood me, I have bought the minimag to learn ailerons so I definately won't be flying without them! thanks for the setup tips, I have heard that you can use a direct drive inrunner as it is a direct replacement what sort of spec should I get or is better to go with an outrunner?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:17 AM
Flare

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi gt5500,

The Multiplex recommendation for a direct drive inrunner is the Permax 400/4D and for an outrunner the BL-18-22 which is the one I am using on mine. Whichever one you decide to go for, don't use the supplied plastic firewall. I mounted my outrunner on the org plastic firewall...everything was fine till just after half throttle then all hell broke loose! The entire mount started vibrating.

So what I did was to cut out and exact replica of the mount using 3mm ply and then everything was fine. Make the ply mount slighty wider so that it fits flush into the nose and up against the inner motor mount holder. CA it into place, then secure it again with 4 self tapping screws. Don't forget to make as many cooling holes as possible.