Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Cessna 182 4-channel FLOATS

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Cessna 182 4-channel FLOATS

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:42 PM
acarter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cessna 182 4-channel FLOATS

i have been looking at both the cessna 182 and the super cub, both seem like pretty decent beginner planes

i have a pond really close to my house and i would really like to convert my plane to foats after a bit of flying, i know that it is very comon for the supercub to be converted to floats so i'm not conserned about that,

id rather the cessna because it is 4-channel, but with the smaller motor i am wondering if it is possible to convert the cessna to floats,

just wondering if it is possible to convert the cessna 182 to floats( i am mainly conserned about the motor power, but if anybody has any other conserns please do tell)

thanks, Austin
Old 03-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Leo L

Default RE: Cessna 182 4-channel FLOATS

There is only one SuperCub, so there is no doubt as to what plane you are talking about. However, there are literally dozens of Cessna 182's on the market, so unless you give the manufacturer's name, its impossible to comment. The two most popular Cessna 182s are the ParkFlyer (Art-Tech) and the FlyZone models. Both are underpowered to start with and would need modification to be able to take off using floats. Others, like the HobbyLobby plane, have decent power and should be OK.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:53 PM
acarter

sorry about that, i meant the hobbico 4 channel

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXNHS0**&P=ML

thanks
Old 03-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Leo L

You cann't beat the SuperCub as a beginner plane. The Hobbyco FlyZone Cessna is a nice INTERMADIATE level plane, although its a bit underpowered. It will not have enough power to get the floats moving fast enough over the water to allow it to take off, unless you modify it with a brushless motor and a 3-cell LiPo.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:28 PM
walkermsg

Leo I just purchased a Hobbico Cessna 182, could you suggest a motor and battery setup that would work with floats without going brushless ? I hate to put the money for a BL Motor + ESC and Li-Po. If not can you suggest the combo BL Motor , battery, ESC etc that will fit in this plane ?
Thanks,
Jim
Old 06-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Leo L

Unfortunately, all of my modifications to date have been done by the "Trial and Error" method. Some people have indicated that the following site has helped them. You may want to check it out.

http://www.ampaviators.com/index.php...d=67&Itemid=31