Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Upgrading from a slowstick...wuts next?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Upgrading from a slowstick...wuts next?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 11:14 PM
MX57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading from a slowstick...wuts next?

I've had my slowstick for about a year now (about 8 months flying exp) and have pretty much mastered it. I am ready to move up but do not which plane to get. Any suggestions would be great.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:50 PM
INeedHelp
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Upgrading from a slowstick...wuts next?

In keeping with the GWS theme this is a good next step but I sure you get gat many suggestions.

http://www.bmkdesigns.net/E-Starter-pr-75.html
Old 04-29-2007, 09:15 AM
AirforceRcks

i tried a Ultrafly PC9 after my slow stick and it was a horrible disaster. so kinda flew my helis for about 2 months but now im bak to flying a Airfoilz Yak 54. Should be here this coming weekend, i tested one out at the LHS.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Leo L

It depends on whether you want to move up in easy gentle steps or want to leap forward. A gentle step would be the HobbyZone SuperCub. A big step would be the Multiplex MiniMag. A leap would be the ParkZone Stryker or any number of warbirds.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:22 AM
frednjess

Try any of the flat foamies. They are very respectable flyers, even in moderate winds. Also you can build them quickly with FanFold foam from Lowes and hot glue. The biggest pluses are that they are easily repaired and don't cost a thing. Fanfold comes in packs of 25 2'x4' sheets. Each plane takes roughly one sheet. $30 for the 25 pack foam, 25 planes, a hot glue stick= $1.50 per plane. There are a couple of good plans at foamfly.com. Or google free foam airplane plans. Also, try the flying wings. The Zagis and other similar planes are excellent flyers and are stable yet exciting. They're pretty versatile from slope soaring to 100 mph passes with the same plane. Just make sure to have a skilled rc pilot check out your new airplane before you fly it. Nothing's worse than destroying a brand new plane because of a stupid mistake. (Not that we don't make stupid mistakes, too) Good luck.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:34 AM
tekajo

Superfly from superflyrc.com This plane is cheap, fun and durable. It will teach you how to fly anything. I went from an easystar to a superfly. I have been flying six months and recently joined a club. They could not believe I have been only flying six months. They invited me to fly combat and pylon racing. Superfly is the best bang for the buck.