Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

please help

Old 04-05-2007, 12:02 AM
slammmin72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default please help

was at the hobbie store yesterday getting a few parts for my frankenstein HPI RS4 (nitro car with a .21 custom fit) and outta the corner of my eye i spoted and airplane. a HobbyZone AeroBird Swift to be exact. ive never flown a plane before, and i realizr this is ad intermedeate/advance plane (especialy for a begginer) and i read the 3 page manual (didnt help much) and for soem reason, when i hold hte plan in my hand, and give it full throttle, it spins at full speed, but only for a few seconds. and hten it shuts off. how are u suposed to fly it when the motor shuts off? i charged the battery pack it came wiht with the included charger till the light stoped blinking (its one of those car chargers.) can someone please help? thanks.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:45 AM
AJ1202

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: please help

Slammin, when the motor cuts out like that it is usualy only a couple of possibilities, 1 is the batt is low, second is your pulling too many amps and the ESC or in your case the FET I think it's called is cutting it out, I would suggest if the plane is new first you need to cycle your batt
hook it up and set up the plane to where you can run it at a low speed till the batt is dead then charge it up, do this 3 times and then your batt will begin building a memory and the motor will be getting broke in. there are different ways to break in the brushed motors but in your case it's limited, I would not run it full throttle untill the 3rd cycle and then just for short times, remember your not cooling it when it's static, if this does not solve your prob I would take it back as there may be a prob in the circuit board of the plane
Good Luck and have fun
Old 04-06-2007, 08:38 PM
slammmin72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

still doesnt work. i drained hte battery as low as it would go, even at low trhottle imputs, it would eventually cut out (about 30 seconds) i charged it up on the included charger set to 1.2 (its one of those car chargers that came with it) and as soon as it was done, i immedeatly put it in the plane to test it out, same results....as soon as i get hte plane off the ground, the motor cuts out and hte plane drops.... what am i doing wrong?
Old 04-09-2007, 05:26 AM
AJ1202

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I would take it back to you LHS and show them what it's doing, it sounds like there is a defect in the circuit board. It should NOT be cutting out like that untill the batt is down