Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Question about radio's

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Question about radio's

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:55 AM
3010charles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about radio's

I currently own 3 R/C models, HobbyZone SuperCub. E-flite Blade CX, and a E-Sky FP Honey Bee that's never seen flight time. The HONEY BEE that is. My question is can the radio system for the HoneyBee be used in an ARF Plane. Or should I sell it and just buy a regular aircraft radio system for a park flyer.

Thank's for any help anyone can give!
Old 06-08-2007, 03:22 PM
mrasmm

Default RE: Question about radio's

yeah the fp radio should be able to be used in the plane. If you're not doing a dual motor setup though you'll need a different receiver that is neg shift =)

Just make sure to do a good range check first =)
Old 06-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Kiiski

Default RE: Question about radio's

I wouldn't think so. I don't know a lot about the Honeybee stuff, bust most micro heli's have a 4-in-1 unit, which is basically a receiver, two speed controls and a gyro all in one package, and some have a transmitter that mixes channels, though I think that would be more of a collective pitch heli than a fixed pitch and usually is not programmable.
Do yourself a favor and buy a decent computer radio, preferably 6 channels or more, you can use it for everything you have, and most anything you may buy in the future.
There are a lot of people on here that have the DX-6 or DX-7 radios by Spektrum that really like them. I personally have a HItec Optic 6 that works great for me, and will fly everything I have, from a slow stik to a CP heli,
Hope this helps,
Kiiski