Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

need advise

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
buckijim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advise

Ok people, this is what I have. Bought combination radio, receivers, and two servos, from park flyers.
Cheap outfit, also purchased esc 30 amp. Making sure that everything is connected correctly. As soon as I plug 7.2nmh battery pack to esc the servos go crazy and continue to do so until I disconnect battery pack.
Thought I had purchased a bad receiver, so I purchased another one and another esc. Received these yesterday. When I connect these they do the same thing. These are not in a plane yet as it is still under construction. This is hooked up on work bench the radio and receiver are 72mhz, and the channel is 51.
Turning radio on or off has no affect on servo behavior, but when I move any control it will operate multiple servos. I did not receive any paper work on radio or receivers. I have triple checked all and everything is as should be. Cannot figure this one out. Have tried to contact park flyers for 2 weeks now with no response. I am very disappointed with this company, poor support. I would nor recommend any buy from them I know I will not do so again.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:19 AM
scoooper

Default RE: need advise

buckijim:: Theres a lot to cover her so lets do it in in phases, Get the ant, away from Everything ,( including control rods& linkage)What brand reciver & trans are you use'in ( there not all compatable) Does you cristal match ( there not all compatable even if the ch's the same #) Let us know ALL the brands your use'n on your stuff ,On futaba& Hi-tech you plug into ch, 3 forESC & throdle, on JR, & Airtonics It goes in ch, 1, hope this helped and as there's lots of help here an we'll get fly'in in no time!! your bub, scoooper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43522.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	674596  
Old 04-29-2007, 07:18 PM
buckijim

thanks for the quick reply scoooper. ok the transmiter and reciever came as a matched set with 2 servos. chip in reciever and radio both say they are 72.810mhz and both say channel 51.was advertised as fataba &hitec compatible. transmiter is a parkflyer brand, nothing else on it. the reciver has nothing on it at all. all the servos i have are fataba compatible.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:28 PM
scoooper

buckijim ;;Pull the servo wires out of the receiver but leave the
esc pluged in to ch, 3, turn on the trans then power up the esc&Thod, try it, replace the servo wires try'in em one at a time, and check to be sure the servo wires +&- are the right way in the reciever as they'll plug in either way ( theres probly +&- marks on side or somewhere on the receiver, you bub, scoooper

Name:	Ec88844.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	675060  
Old 04-30-2007, 12:04 AM
buckijim

scoooper
pluged esc in slot3, motor ran without or with transmitter turned on. when i turned on transmitter i could make motor run from any control.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:38 AM
scoooper

Buckijim ;;;Let me look around in my parts& stuff an see if I got a old nicd ESC I can send you,( Don't worry bout postage just help the next guy out) as I think a 30 amp is over-kill an it might be bad, Is there any way you could post some close-up pixs of em?Any-body else want to chime in here? your bub, scoooper

Name:	Xv63915.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	675275   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jf11504.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	675276  
Old 05-01-2007, 11:15 AM
buckijim

scoooper
have already tried another esc, a new one. does the same thing. any way to tell if they have sent me j-recivers instead of f-recivers, there is no markinge on recievers and no paper came with them
Old 05-01-2007, 01:00 PM
scoooper

buckijim::Thats gotta be it! I tryed that to see the (Never done it on purpose ) and got the same results you did, I guess I can put that ESC back in the drawer, , your bub, scoooper

Name:	Fd93173.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	676016  
Old 05-01-2007, 10:03 PM
buckijim

thanks scoooper. you were a lot of help, with your thinking it led me in the right direction. i don't forget.