Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

42" Trainer?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:41 AM
taman76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 42" Trainer?

I have been instructing students now for a few years using mostly their planes. However I have a desire to keep a trainer handy just in case. I would like something in the 42" wingspan area and I will be using electric power. I fly almost all electric now so I don't need help with that part.

The problem is, I am not finding really any good trainers out there in that size range. My requirements include being a 4 channel plane, able to loop, roll, stall turns, ect. Yea, once in a while I will fly it and I want it to be fun too.

So, any thoughts? I did see Sig makes a Kadet that is about that size, but it is kind of a lot to spend on a plane that will spend most of its time on the ground. I would think there should be an ARF out there less than 100 bucks, right?

Old 06-01-2007, 03:32 PM
rbsdsu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 42" Trainer?

I have the sig EP 42 and I will say you would not be dissapointed! I've got a 450 brushless in it and it handles everything I can throw at it! I have moved on to more advanced planes but I actually still fly it a lot because it is such a good flyer. Price is a little steep but the quality is great!