Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Electristar - brand new flyer!

Old 06-02-2007, 08:29 PM
jneal

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Electristar - brand new flyer!

Hello everyone. I've been lurking here a bit. My wife bought me an Electristar for Christmas and I just unboxed it and put it together this weekend. I have been reading this forum ever since and was trying to get up the courage to ram $300 into the ground. I used a single lipo pack 14.8v 4000mah from maxamps and shorted the other battery connector. The nervous factor on a first time flight was huge. There's no active club near me since Katrina struck so I was pretty much on my own. I overshot my first landing and rolled into a small post before stoping but it just made the slightest ever pucker on the wing. Another 5 feet and I would have stopped on my own. I had 5 more flights that were uneventful and by the 4th flight I did some loops, barrel rolls and stall turns. I did about 50' of inverted flight. My last few landings were greased in smooth and now I'm addicted. Time for more batteries. What a great beginner plane! I'd say I got around 15 minutes time in the air and I'll learn how to manage the throttle better than I did today. I found that half or less throttle was plenty to keep it in the air and have now learned how wind can toss you a little suprise every now and then.

I'd highly recommend the Electristar to any beginner wanting an electric trainer. Very nice! Thanks to everyone here for the great info. Mr. Covey, quite the review!
Old 06-03-2007, 12:28 AM
jdetray

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Electristar - brand new flyer!

Congratulations! It is quite a thrill to complete a few successful flights, isn't it?

It sounds to me like you are well on your way. Nicely done!

- Jeff
Old 06-04-2007, 07:37 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Electristar - brand new flyer!

Congrats!! welcome to this addiction!!