Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Best Inexpensive Trainer

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Best Inexpensive Trainer

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2003, 10:24 PM
Jack Gross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Inexpensive Trainer

Hello,
I have found a fantastic beginner plane and after building four, I have reviewed it for anyone interested in building a plane for a buck or two. I am not connected to R/C Foam Flyers, Corning, the hot melt glue industry or anyone else, for that matter. Just wanted to share the information.
Enjoy,
Jack
My Review of the L-19/Cessna 150 from R/C Foam Flyers
Old 03-17-2003, 04:00 PM
Jack Gross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Inexpensive Trainer

If you have not heard about the LI-Poly battery packs, you may want to do some research! I just came in from a 38-minute flight using a 2-cell, 1020 mAh pack ordered from Troy at AV8 Hobbies and flying a RC Foam Flyers L-19. Troy sells the packs made-up and a reasonably priced charger specially made for there batteries. The plane has an inexpensive little GWS DX-A motor and only two micro servos. Since it builds quickly in an evening and costs only about two bucks, to build, I am sold on this plane. And, with a Li-Poly battery pack you’ll get plenty of stick time! Somebody please bring me a chair!
Enjoy and let me know how long you flew . . .
Jack
AV8 Hobbies link