Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Radio Question........

Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Radio Question........

Old 07-10-2007, 12:59 AM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio Question........

Just finishing a build on a GWS E Starter and installed a Futaba 127 RX and want to use a Futaba 6EXH TX........ is it possible to set it up to fly this 4 ch foamie?? Should i set all the pitch curves at 0% for this model?? I am using the stock GWS400 brushed motor and got a esky 20A brushed ESC and will be usinhg a 1000mah 10C lipo in it. I also have the option of using a GuanLi 4 ch TX/RX on 27MHz but would rather use the programmable functions of the Futaba TX.
Any insights as to a yes or no on this? ( The 6EXH)
Sadly , I am a heli guy and still wet behind the ears, this foamie is for the gf....she wants to fly planks and was hoping to use some of the existing heli stuff to cross over until we are sure this is the direction she wants to take.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 07-11-2007, 04:15 PM
ozrcboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio Question........

I can't see any reason the 6EXH TX wouldn't work for the Estarter. Sounds fine. As long as you have an appropriate RX.

Cheers,
Oz.
Old 07-11-2007, 05:14 PM
patnchris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio Question........

The E-Starter is a very gentle flyer, especially with the stock brushed motor. It would be very easy for a novice to over control and stall it. For this reason I would set the TX up for dual rates. I would set up low at 50%. Then start her off on low rates. Newbies tend to over control. That way the tendency to climb or turn too fast will be taken away. I would also suggest that you forget the rudder control, for early flights. The E-Starter turns very well using the "bank and yank" method. Just ailerons and a touch of up elevator. Because of the dihedral in the wing, if you have altitude, you make not even need the elevator. JMHO...Pat