Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

What connects to the charger?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

What connects to the charger?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:51 AM
raynman
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What connects to the charger?

My LiPo 2100 mah 3 cell 11.1 v battery has a deans connector on it, and I soldered the same connector to the esc on my new mini ultra stick eflite pnp. I charged the Lipo by connecting the leads from output (Celectra charger from eflite) and pushing them into the deans connector...the balancing connector on my lipo has no matching connector to the celectra charger...the battery went through the normal charge cylcle, and I measured 12.1 volts from the deans plug on the batt. with my dig.voltmeter. I am brand new to lipo's...is this charging connection OK? Or do I need an adaptor or something to charge from the celectra to the balancing connector on the lipo????
Old 08-16-2007, 03:42 AM
mrasmm

Default RE: What connects to the charger?

yeah, that's fine if you've got the polarity right. It should be reading atleast 12.4v but preferably 12.6v after a full charge though. You'll also want to make sure to get a balancer before too long, or you could have a fire or explosion on your hands.

You didn't mention what brand your pack is, but two popular choices for balancers are the blinky and the equinox
Old 08-16-2007, 03:38 PM
raynman
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks! The pack is "MaxAmps" Sold through Hobbytown USA. they said it's made by thunder power..but I am not sure...like I said this is all kinda new to me. I rechecked the voltage, it reads
12.75 not 12.1 I will look into the "blinky for balancer.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:32 PM
mrasmm

good deal =)

I'm not too entirely familiar with that battery, so I dunno what balance end it has on it.

12.75 is waaaay high. A balancer would definately be a good deal =)

Good luck!