Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Multiplex Twin Star II + T2M Funair questions ...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Multiplex Twin Star II + T2M Funair questions ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Prophex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Twin Star II + T2M Funair questions ...

Saved up alot of money the past few months and now it's time to spend it. I bought a [link=http://www.pigs-airlines.be/AMC5/T2M/FunAir40_t2m.htm]Jamara T2M Funair[/link] (sry for the french page) about a year ago but never built it. Just need a motor, ESC and battery. I'm also thinking about buying a [link=http://www.multiplexusa.com/product_fs.htm]Multiplex Twin Star II[/link] (go to: Models > Sport > Twin Star II). And to top it of, I'm also thinking of buying the Aerofly Pro Deluxe (USB) version to practice at home.

Anyway, I've got a few questions about both models:

1) I'm going for an alectric setup for my Funair (duh [8D]), but have no idea what motor, ESC and battery I need for it ... All these things will be puchased on a swiss website and I know that they sell every AXI-motor out there, so that's the brand I'm going for. But which one will I need to fly this bad boy ? How many amps does the ESC have to be and how many lipo cells for the battery ?

2) As for the Twin Star II, I'm just gonna start out with the stock motors and see how it flies. As for ESC, I chose the Jeti JES 030amp speed controller (as recommended by Hobby-lobby). My problem is that I don't know which battery to pick ... I was thinking about this one, a [link=http://shop.lindinger.at/product_info.php?cPath=1335_1349&products_id=55565]Sanyo 8-cell 3600mah Nimh pack[/link]. Will this battery fit inside the battery-tray of the Twin Star II ? Is it not to heavy ? Would a 7-cell also work ? any thoughts ?

Alot of questons from a person starting out in electric flight.

regards,
Prophex
Old 01-02-2008, 08:57 AM
Prophex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Multiplex Twin Star II + T2M Funair questions ...

I got a second question about the Twin Star II aswell: Hobby-Lobby suggests to use a Jeti 30 amp brushed speed controller, but the manual says that you need 30 amps MINIMUM, should I upgrade the speed controller to a Jeti 45 amp brushed one ? Or will the 30 amp one be fine ?