Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Electrifly Lancair ES

Old 01-04-2008, 04:56 PM
j.m.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrifly Lancair ES

What do you guys think about this plane for someone as a second plane?

here's a link:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXLCP1&P=ML
Old 01-06-2008, 08:24 AM
AJ1202

Default RE: Electrifly Lancair ES

I'm not speaking from experience other than I asked the same question, I am well beyond my second plane and still not sure I'm ready for it. Mostly because it is a fiberglass fuse and is not very forgiving in a crash or even botched landing. I think the plane flys well from what I have heard but is a fast plane and needs some experience behind the sticks to keep in good shape.

I guess I'm trying to say it's prob not a good second plane, however your skills may be better than mine

What is your first plane
Old 01-06-2008, 09:18 AM
j.m.

My first plane was a Fly Zone Sky Fly.

I have not crashed it due to pilot error. It has all been either wind, or my bad vision (no depth perception)
Old 01-06-2008, 12:25 PM
AJ1202

I would have to say this is not a good choice then. This plane has a symetrical wing and does not self correct, you might want to consider a good trainer first. depending on whether you want an ARF or RTF there are many to choose from, Do you have a big feild to fly in or do you fly in parks.
The super cub is a very popular trainer but is a bit larger than your sky fly or even the Lancair
I personaly like the E-Starter from GWS, it is a very good trainer and can teach you a lot about flying full controls for little money
Good Luck with whatever you choose