Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

parkzone t-28 trojan

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:33 AM
1chuckles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parkzone t-28 trojan

1- newbie my first plane is a commander. I bought a pkzone trojan, my problem is take offs grass is too long and asphalt is too bumpy. Tried 2 3/4 " skinny wheels, didn't help. Any recommendations, not ready to give up.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:50 AM
frank99
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: parkzone t-28 trojan

can it be hand launch frank
Old 02-23-2008, 08:13 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

good luck with this.......i love my trojan, but i think the landing gear is weak. i too fly mostly on grass, and it's hard on the model. after each flying session i usually have to remove the gear and bend them back to shape. during one landing that was not too bad, one of the mains caught a good bump......the plane cart-wheeled and the wing ended up popping off. fixed that with some epoxy (the wing attachment points got sheared off). mine does well of pavement, but it's not always easy finding a place with pavement where we can fly.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:17 PM
rob737
My Feedback: (3)

try making the take-off roll with full back-stick.......this is "soft field" technique for full size airplanes.....it's meant to get the airplane off the ground quickly. just be ready to shallow out the climb once it gets airborne. i use this technique for reasons mentioned above.......the trojan will get off the ground very quickly with this technique, if fact it will leap into the air, especially with a fresh batt.........rob