Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Goldberg Eagle 400

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Yub, yub, cmdr!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goldberg Eagle 400

Hi guys,

I was wondering if I could survive on an Eagle 400 as my first plane. (I do own a Tiger 2, but due to my current location I am unable to find a spot to fly it.) I am not looking for RTF because I have radio equipment (I wouldn't mind building a kit) and I am hoping for an aileron trainer because I have a lot of sim time. I know sim time is not worth much, but hopefully it'll be enough that I can fly and land an Eagle 400.

I now have an athletic facility that comprises two football fields. Will this be big enough for an Eagle 400?

Do you guys know of any issues with this plane, or can suggest better aileron trainers that can fly in a 10 mph wind?

Thank you!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:58 AM
S.A.D.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Eagle 400

I have the Eagle 400 an it is a great little trainer and easy to land. I have flown it in 10MPH winds and it does OK but i do not sujest doing it until you get some time on it as it does get a little jumpy in gusts. As for flying in an area of two football fields is fine. The only problem i have had with mine is the plastic gear box cracks and will come apart in flight. I have converted mine over to a Brushless E Flite park 450 with a APC 9X6 prop which a little over powered.