Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

New to 4 channel transmitters, please help.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

New to 4 channel transmitters, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Red Hot Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to 4 channel transmitters, please help.

I've never used a 4 channel transmitter before only 3 channel so it's a bit daunting. As is, my Pitts bipe came like this: Throtte and rudder on the left stick, channels 2 and 4 respectively. The right stick is set up elevator and aileron, channels 3 and 1 respectively. I'm trying to switch the ailerons and rudders channels so both up and down and left and right movements are on the right stick. The manual, what I can understand says this can be done but when I switch the two things start going haywire. My question is how does everyone fly? Do you guys have the ailerons and throttle on the same stick? I would think this is harder to fly. It's going to have to take some getting used to I think on my part if that's the way it is. Also on my transmitter, there are 4 switches for the channels all saying up for reverse and down for normal. What do these do? My manual is mostly in chinese and it doesn't cover these switches.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:43 AM
AJ1202

Default RE: New to 4 channel transmitters, please help.

You should keep the ailerons on the right stick, if you want it to mix the ailerons and rudder you have to mix it in the radio, or that's provided your radio can mix them. you can buy a mixer and put it in if your radio can't do it, being that this is all new I would suggest you get more stick time with 4 channel before you tackle such a chalenge as the plane would be very sensitive and harder to fly
as for the switches they are to reverse the direction your servo's move, this allows you to use it on different planes where the servo's move the wrong direction when you input your controls with the stick
Old 07-21-2008, 06:02 AM
Leo L

Hi Red Hot Pearl,

Your transmitter is set to what is known as Mode 2, which is the standard mode used in the USA. The right stick controls the up and down movement (elevator) and primary steering control (roll via ailerons). The left stick controls the throttle and the secondary steering (yaw via rudder). Use the rudder to taxi the plane on the ground and to keep it straight while its taking off and once it has landed. Otherwise, forget about the rudder and use the transmitter like a 3-channel: up and down and steering with the right stick; speed with the left stick. Your plane is not designed to steer properly by only using the rudder. However, it will steer just fine if you only use the ailerons.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Witterings

The questions you're asking, don't know what your 1st plane is / was but I think you may be biting off more than you can chew with a Pitts, is it the Art-Tech one that comes with a transmitter ????
Tell us a bit more about your previous experience and what you've flown etc and can advise from there.
To directly answer your question though that is how most people have their Tx's set up and it's best to learn that way as then you won't be different to everybody else if you want to try and fly their plane or the yours.
Whetre with 3 channel you've been using the rudder to turn up until now you'll use the same stick but you'll use the ailerons to turn, would suggest you maybe get a simulator !!!!
If you want any morehelp just let us know !!!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:00 PM
Xpress

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't do what you're trying to do. That plane won't turn very well with rudder only. You need ailerons, and elevator to bank turn. When you get good, you can start inputting a bit of rudder into your turns to make them appear to be a lot smoother.

Also, I'm not sure about this, but isn't it like so:

Channel 1 = Ailerons
Channel 2 = Elevator
Channel 3 = Throttle
Channel 4 = Rudder
???

I know that Airtronics has the ailerons and elevator switched up a bit, but I've never heard of the throttle and ailerons being on different channels. Wierd.

I've never heard of this before, so.....