Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Dynam I can fly or pz micro p51

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Dynam I can fly or pz micro p51

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 02:52 AM
spazzzattak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynam I can fly or pz micro p51

I'm gonna keep this short iv flown 4ch befor but long ago flu 2-3ch all the time I'm looking for my first 4ch in a while and have it down to the dynam "I can fly" or the micro p51 I know there way diffrent but I live in central Illinois so wind is a issue but I would like flying the micro at work and wanna spend as little as possible thanx guys!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:11 AM
phillipmorris

Default RE: Dynam I can fly or pz micro p51

The P51 Micro is really mostly an indoor, not sure on the Dynam tho realzie your minimal investment...I've flown Strykers and even lately a Jet, but for pure enjoyment its the Eflite Alpha 450, inverts, floats in for landing, and takes over 12 MPH wind easily even near 20 MPH but practice here please....loads out there, only the Best....
Old 06-08-2010, 07:40 AM
fmw

I would recommend against both. The PZ P-51 (perfectly sutied to outdoor flying by the way) is a 3 channel. It has no rudder. You may not fly knife edge or hammerheads and not need one but at least you should know it isn't there. While there are some good models from Nitro Planes there is also a lot of junk. Personally, I wouldn't risk my money there. I'm not familiar with the one you mention but there are so many great models available, I just wouldn't go there.

My suggestion? PZ T-28. Full 4 channel, fully aerobatic capable, some wing dihedral for self correction, easy to fly, responsive. Easily one of the bests flying models I've ever owned. I like to post images so here's my T-28

Old 07-05-2010, 02:36 PM
beaverchips95

I have a dynam icanfly and its a great little plane. Very easy to fly, and i've had it for close to 7 months and the electronic are all still good. I have upgraded the motor and ESC so those are the only new parts.

Beaver,
Old 07-09-2010, 07:40 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i also have a dynam icanfly. i bought it as my 1st 4ch plane. for the money, its a good deal. it glides well, is fairly well balanced, and the included electronics work great. the only issue i had with the plane, was the included glue was crap. the servos came loose in a crash. but a few minutes with my hot glue gun fixed that. the stock prop breaks kinda easy, but GWS props work and are cheap. i also reinforce the leading edges with clear packing tape. it has survived many rough landings, and even hit a football field's uprights at full speed! still flies good! the foam has alot of flex, but that helps being a trainer. its not an easy plane to upgrade, as the motor mount is not a common kind.
the only part of the plane that is crap is the landing gear. mine got all bent up, and now i dont use it. i hand launch and land on grass.
but, for $130 shipped its a good plane. it has withstood my learning curve and still flies like it did the day i bought it. now i can do all kinds of crazy manuvers!
Old 07-10-2010, 02:44 PM
spazzzattak

thanx guys! i think i am just gonna go with the dynam i found the micro on ebay with 3 extra batteries for 120 but its been a while sense i flew a 4ch so i think the trainer would be more suited. thanx for all the responses!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Saburo Sakai

Probably way too late but the PZ micro 51 is indeed a four channel with rudder control. I have one.
Fly whatever we've got!
Old 11-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Leisure_Shoot

I assume the OP has purchased somethign by now, but for anyone else asking this question, be sure to take into consideration where it will be flown. 

For example, the T28 is great on pavement or dirt, but a F4F, which has really similar flight characteristics) might be better on grass, with it's skid plates.

I often fly in the farm field behind my house, which is very flat and contains soybean stubble this fall.  It is a great place for a heavy plane, but hell on landing gear for my Super Cub.  I'm seriously considering skis.