Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Just purchased a supercub

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Just purchased a supercub

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:33 PM
bhoges17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased a supercub

Looks like a great site. I hope to learn alot from it. I got a Supercub last month. Ive had my share of crashes. Im getting the hang of it and now all my crashes are from trying to fly low over the ground or tricks. Im getting a little bored with it. Can I put a larger batt to speed things up? Im running a 9.6v 8 cell 100mah batt. Can the prop be changed as well? Thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 10:53 PM
nikg

Default RE: Just purchased a supercub

Try checking out the super cub thread in parkflyers and backyard flyers section. Lots of info there.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:12 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Be sure to read the e-book on electric flight
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7100376/tm.htm
Old 11-28-2008, 09:14 PM
hugger-4641
My Feedback: (6)

I've tried a lot of different mods to the Super Cub. (I own 4) So far the one I'm most happy with is just a stock plane with a rhino 1350mh 3cell lipo ($20 from Hobbycity.com). You will be amazed at the speed and climbing performance. You will have to add a dean's connector to the plane, or add a hobbyzone connector to the battery, or do what I did. I made an adapter by taking a connector from a bad Super Cub nicad and soldiering it to male deans connector. This way I can still use the stock battery if I want to. You will also have to trim the inside of the battery box a little, but it is worth it!!!!!