Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Kadet Seniorita EP 63" wing span

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Kadet Seniorita EP 63" wing span

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 04:56 PM
bobferguson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kadet Seniorita EP 63

I got my Kadet on Friday. I am impressed with the ARF but found out today Sig and Tower is sold out for "months" and Sig doesn't have any spare parts. This is a trainer if I had known Sig was not going to have spare parts I would have not bought the ARF! Now I am going to be scared to fly it! At least with my H9 Pulse XT 40 I can get spare parts.

Does anyone know of any hobby stores with stock?
Old 06-23-2009, 09:33 PM
bobferguson

The more I think about it the more annoyed I get. I even asked Sig if they would be get parts and of course they said yes. If they didn't get parts they should have kept a kit or two for spare or missing parts. After buying my Taylorcraft I said I won't buy another plane from the first batch. So I guess I only have myself to be annoyed at. I could have bought a lot of parts for my H9 Pulse XT 40 for what I have invested in the Kadet and I have lots of batteries for it while I only have one for the Kadet. Though I am thinking I could probably use two 2200 packs. I have five of them.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:16 PM
bobferguson

Be aware the motor mount comes with the Hi-max motor and the motor mount plates are setup for the Hi-max motor. Luckly I have a mount for brushless motors that appears to be going to work to mount my Scorpion motor. I have had to modifly the mount to get to 3 and 5/8" and to clear the nose wheel mount. Now I just need to try and get four blind nuts on the firewall to mount it. I'll take a picture when I finish.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:29 PM
bobferguson

Well I have the motor mounted. I had to cut the mount as the sides were to long and the bottom holes were in the way of the steering wheel mount. I biggest problem was getting two of the four blind nuts in the *&^%$ hole. Three of the holes lined up perfectly with the mount but one hole was out just enough I could not get the bolt in so I had to drill out the hole on the mount and made it a little larger. Now that I have it mounted I have just thought I should have went and bought some more locktite for the bolts!!!!!!!! Damn

That done, which I was worrying about, I can get back to the wing. If I work at it, I might have it ready for Sunday. I don't know if I would have a test pilot though.

It is a Scorpion SII-3014-1040 motor. I only use Scorpion motors now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16059.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	1224096  
Old 06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
thrawn150

Mount looks good.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:39 PM
bobferguson

Well I got to fly my Kadet Seniorita EP ARF. Had to wait for a test pilot. I am happy how it fly's, though only one flight so far. I found another one at Tower and with their discount of $45 and free shipping I went ahead bought it. It was Towers last one. Now I have a club member that wants it but I want to keep for spare parts as it is a trainer. Sig said it will be at least 6 months before they get another shipment!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

I have a spare seniorita EP NIB if someone is interested.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:49 AM
HEMICUDA

How Much$ ?

Hemicuda
Old 02-24-2010, 08:42 PM
HEMICUDA

well, I pulled the trigger on the Sig from Nitroplanes .com for $79 - 5% dicount + shipping =$108 to
my door. Took about 6 days to get since I ordered it. Beautiful plane, well boxed and packaged.
Love the color scheme, this will be an awesome bird. Will be getting a Power 25-32 off brand motor
for between $23-$38 depending of who, and the ESC will be arounf the 60A range, also an off brand.
will keep posted.

Hemicuda
Old 02-25-2010, 10:33 AM
BEAR-AvHistory

ORIGINAL: HEMICUDA
Will be getting a Power 25-32 off brand motor
for between $23-$38 depending of who, and the ESC will be arounf the 60A range, also an off brand.
will keep posted.

Hemicuda
Flys very well on a P-25. I swapped the whole system, motor, ESC & batteries out of my Eflite T-34 when I upgraded its power system. It currently has a Turnigy C35-48/900 & 60 amp plush ESC. Still running on 3S3200/3300 batteries.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93658.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1386483  
Old 02-25-2010, 12:11 PM
HEMICUDA

Very nice Bear. Looks good in there. I thought about upgrading my Electristar instead since
it weighs considerably more than the Sig even though they are the same size. Then take the
Electristar's motor and 45A ESC out and put it into the Sig. The E-star's motor will be slightly
overkill for the Sig, but that's not always a bad thing. The E-star needs a bigger motor and ESC
anyway, 45A ESC was bare minimum and to use 5s lipos you need a bigger ESC.

Hemicuda