Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Mentor vs EasyCub

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 06:14 AM
ursus250

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mentor vs EasyCub

Hello Everyone,
Was looking for a while but couldn’t find a thread that would clear my thoughts.
I’m thinking of getting a large EP trainer for relaxed flights between heli flights.
I find it difficult to decide between Multiplex EasyCub and Mentor. Mentor is slightly larger and has very good reviews but on the other hand it is more expensive. EasyCub seems to have a number of (rather small) problems but is designed to have flaps (which also seems to be fun to play with).
Is there anyone that has experience with both of these planes and can suggest one?
Many thanks in advance,
Regards,
Piotr
Old 10-05-2009, 11:22 PM
phillipmorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mentor vs EasyCub

Those look like fine choices, I went recently slightly different route trying to find something trainer handling but larger and fun to fly, already have basic trainer basics with the famed Super Cub...came across the low wing T34 Mentor, but is amazing docile with the droops and set flaps, nearly lands by itself, more inputs required for these warbirds but this one with the beginner settings is a beauty to behold and handles like a dream, if your still getting the basics for flying stick with the direction your going...here's one thread mentioning the Multiplex Mentor:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33472

I'm horrible on landings other than the Super Cub and the Radian glider am completely confident, but now have the 3rd, the T34 Mentor, my hats off to them with this one, I love it as well...pricy but quality gear throughout....

Horizon review, all correct, this one indeed flys !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osC0QANi3lU

But get a pilot, lots of investment here, well made, my best flyer todate!!

Super Cub, Night Flights
FlyForFun Thunderbat Jet Pusher
T28 Trojan, beauty but fragile nose gear, again I'm horrible on landings
Radian Glider, off the charts, 1 Hour flights, winner glider
T34 Mentor, awsome, I love it, still in one piece with over dozen flights, wow !! Lands Like An Airliner, I'm shocked !!

Pssst, I deadstick no throttle this T34 in, simply slight down nose, it refuses to drop a wing with flaps and droops, if I'm missing my mark throttle up for another try, you can flare this thing 3 times coming in and it still keeps flying !!!