Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Ruder Problom

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 02:36 AM
tlcdennis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ruder Problom

when I bought a Sky Ranger red bie-plane I noticed that the ruder could only go to left and not to the right at all .Do you know how I could fix it.I would myself but I dont have a clue what to do.Also if you know anything about how to do the ruder mod on this thing I would be glag to know more about it.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:46 AM
Mike Taylor
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ruder Problom

I bought several of those for presents for kids and one for myself to convert to true micro gear. They were all pretty weak.

The one I kept for conversion was improperly assembled and wouldn't have worked. There is an actuator inside that has two fine wires attached to the actuator itself; one goes through the plane to work the tail and the other is a return spring to center the controls. These were twisted and the return spring crossed the other one.

The only way to get inside the plane is to cut it open along the seam on the fuselage sides.

Before you open it up, try fresh batteries and check to see that the wire that comes out the back is free to move in the bearing, and that is straight and not binding on the rudder yoke. The batteries in the package may be old and weak. If new batteries don't solve the problem, and the controls are free to move, call the number on the instruction sheet and ask for help. You may need to send it back for a new one.

If you have micro gear and a spare motor, they do make great fliers. I used a Cirrus MRX RX ($17 plus $5 for the crystal), Azar .7 gram antenna ($7), 2 Cirrus 5 gram servos ($18 each), 3 x 250 mah LiPolys ($8 each), and my AstroFlight Firefly motor ($100) with the Gunther 125x110 mm Zagi-style prop. Wow! lots of fun, but use low control throws. You could also use 2 LiPolys or a NiMh battery and and either the LPS power system ($18), or a M-100 (like the GWS EDP-50) motor DD and the GWS 3x2 or 3x3 prop.