Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

slow stick

Old 07-20-2003, 12:34 PM
bigdrawz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slow stick

I have a slow stick that im trying to learn to fly on my own.I ordered a 8 cell 1100 Mah nicad pack from radical rc , and one day I decided to see how long the engine would run on this pack. well I can tell you this it ran wide open for a least 15 minutes and still had power, oh by the way the plane was on the ground I havnt had any luck flying it , I have crashed it at least 4 times and broke at least 4 props this plane can sure take punishment . I would sugest it to any begginer. any way radical rc has this awesome pack. and shipping is only two dollars thats what I like about them because I hate to pay $6.50 shipping for 2 props.well anyway thats my two cents.oh by the way I brought it out to a local flying field and asked a pro to fly it. he didnt want to because the wind was blowing at least 15 mph but after a little begging he said yes . I set the plane on the ground into the wind and he took off in about 5 foot . no kidding and he flew it all over the place the other people coulnt belive it would fly in that kind of wind . Well some of them were goin to order them a slow stick. good luck got to go. Tracy in Texas
Old 07-21-2003, 03:35 AM
ElectriFan-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default slow stick

The SS is a versatile li'l thing, no doubt. I myself wouldn't fly mine in that kind of wind and goes to prove that guy is a good pilot to fly it well in those conditions.

Now see if he's willing to train you. While you are still in the prop breaking phase, let me recommend the homemade servo arm prop saver or get the GWS one. I know the GWS saver is available at AircraftWorld.com, just run a search on 'servo arm prop saver' on this site or ezone.

Good luck.
Old 07-21-2003, 07:18 PM
bigdrawz

Default slow stick

thanks electrifan I will give it a try.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:21 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Default slow stick

If you like Radical R/C, check out their Edge 540
Old 07-24-2003, 10:49 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default slow stick

Hehe, the poor guy can't even fly his Slow Stick yet, and you're recommending the RRC Edge 540?

You're mean
Old 07-24-2003, 05:33 PM
3DFanatic
My Feedback: (5)

Default slow stick

Disclaimer: This person will in no way be held accountable for damages caused by listening to his advise.

Also, balance that Edge 1/8th in front of the recomended spot to start.

I crashed mine TUesday
I went from a 7 cell to an 8 cell battery. It only balanced 1/8 in tailheavy. That's enough I guess. I made a turn to tight, it snaped, spun and went it. 2 more feet and I could have saved it cause my fingers automatically snaped the high rates on.

Oh well easy fix. Besides, I'm in the process of designing a better bird!