Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

help with set up

Old 06-13-2010, 11:27 AM
rduff55

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default help with set up

I am a nitro pilot that recently picked up an elec. Aeroworks SU-31 3d profile aircraft it has 33" wing span ready to fly weight of 14 oz. I am looking to use a Himax 2812-0850 motor 150 watt 11 amp with hitec sh55 servos and jr reciever. The battery will be a 1200 to 1400 mah 11.1v 3cell lipo battery. Now my question is, do I need a bec or can I safely use a 25 amp sec? Any help would be greatly appreciated, with motor or batt. and sec suggestions
thanks
rduff55
Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: help with set up

ORIGINAL: rduff55

I am a nitro pilot that recently picked up an elec. Aeroworks SU-31 3d profile aircraft it has 33" wing span ready to fly weight of 14 oz. I am looking to use a Himax 2812-0850 motor 150 watt 11 amp with hitec sh55 servos and jr reciever. The battery will be a 1200 to 1400 mah 11.1v 3cell lipo battery. Now my question is, do I need a bec or can I safely use a 25 amp sec? Any help would be greatly appreciated, with motor or batt. and sec suggestions
thanks
rduff55
I presume you mean an ESC, electronic speed control and you are assuming that the ESChas a built in BEC.

So the question is will the integrated BEC have enough capacity to handle the servos.

I don't know this plane but I am assuming this is a four servo plane. If the BEC is 1.5 amp or higher you should be OK. 1 amp might be enough but I would want more on a 3D plane as you will be working those servos constantly.