Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Training
Reload this Page >

Flyzone Sensei Needs Repair!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Flyzone Sensei Needs Repair!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 03:20 PM
ma_mulcahy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flyzone Sensei Needs Repair!

Took my Sensei out today, got caught low and slow, downwind wing stalled and she came down on the nose adding another 10 degrees down thrust. I'm going to cut the cowl off at the seam and fix it but I am wondering what I should use to reglue the cowl to the fuselage. Anybody have any suggestions on adhesives?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2014, 10:27 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you get your repair done? What glue did you use?
Old 05-17-2014, 02:54 AM
ma_mulcahy

I used RC56 canopy glue. Worked well.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:23 PM
ma_mulcahy

Well, I did it again! Bent up the motor mount. Gotta land on the wheels and not the nose!

In repeating this repair, I made some observations:
1) RC56 is a great glue on the foam. It stays pliable after it sets up.
2) Do a trial fit of the cowl with the spinner back plate attached to insure you have the same amount of clearance between the back plate and the cowl. If not, bend the motor mount until you do. This should keep the factory down and side thrust intact.
3) Use blue thread locker on the motor mount screws. It's hard to get those screws tight without stripping them. When I removed them the second time, they were not as tight as I would have liked.
4) Take your time with a hobby knife and a putty knife to separate the cowl. Your patience will be rewarded with a barely noticeable repair.
5) Have fun! That's what we're here for!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:33 AM
lobohart

slide an artists knife which is long and flexible under the top of the cowl and you can separate the cowl, go real easy.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:39 PM
frenchstan

On cowl removal/repair: Use a thin metal or hard plastic with a 90 degree bend. The bend should be about 3/8" long. (For those of you familiar with desktop computers, the "card" cover plates work well as cowl removers.) When I put the cowl back on, I just use white electrical tape and tape the cowl to the fuselage. Holds well and comes off easily the next time.