Electric Training If you are new to electric learn more about them here or ask questions.

Needs help

Old 07-25-2010, 07:33 AM
lemondspud1
My Feedback: (3)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Needs help

I am new to electric i purchased a plane that needs a reciever and battery I understand everything except how the on and off switch hooks up the speed control has the three leads for the motor and the lead for the battery and the lead that hooks up to the reciever and i was wondering how the switch hooks up i dont understand because the battery lead is already connected to the speed control PLEASEHELP
Old 07-29-2010, 05:03 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Needs help

ORIGINAL: lemondspud1

I am new to electric i purchased a plane that needs a reciever and battery I understand everything except how the on and off switch hooks up the speed control has the three leads for the motor and the lead for the battery and the lead that hooks up to the reciever and i was wondering how the switch hooks up i dont understand because the battery lead is already connected to the speed control PLEASEHELP

Ithink you have about 3 sentences tied together there without punctuation. So I am not 100% sure what you are asking but I am going to take a guess.

Not all ESChave on/off switches. The ones I have seen have them prewired so there is nothing to hook-up. They are already connected.

3 heavy wires go to the motor

2 heavy wired go to battery

Small wires with servo type plug goes to your throttle channel on the receiver. Which one depends on your radio.

Switch normally only disables the motor, but does not cut power to the ESC. If you leave the battery connected it will be drained by the ESC even though the switch is off. This will ruin a lipo battery.

What do your instructions way?

Since I don't know what plane you puchased I can't tell you any more. Can you post a link to info about the plane?
Old 07-29-2010, 06:51 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: Needs help

Making a similar attempt at helping here....

If your radio came with a little switch harness, you may not need it. Most small electrics are powered up by hooking up the battery to the speed controller. The recever gets its power, as Ed said, through the lead that plugs into the throttle channel.

There's other installations but this is the most common for the smaller electric stuff.