RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Training (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-training-102/)
-   -   planeHobby source patriot (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-training-102/3049440-planehobby-source-patriot.html)

mm2712 06-06-2005 10:33 PM

planeHobby source patriot

I just got a patriot as my first rc plane and am trying to learn to fly myself. My last flight was about 30 seconds and I launched fine but after a climb the plane banked to the left and nosed into the ground. After 5 attempts I have broken 3 props and the last crash I broke the wing. This plane is probably not the best plane to start out with but it is what I have to work with. I am downloading the FMS program in hopes that I will get something out of it. Does anybody have any tip for teaching yourself to fly these planes? I have flown planes with wires and real planes but this plane is not very forgiving. I have tried taking off from the ground but this does not work as well as hand launching, any tips here? I always try flying in dead calm wind but the out come is the same. I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

Matt Kirsch 06-08-2005 08:23 AM

RE: planeHobby source patriot

The most important thing you can do is start out with the right plane. This "patriot" doesn't sound like a very good plane, let alone a good beginner plane. Can you provide a link to where you got it from, and maybe some specifications? Maybe there's something that can be done to improve things without resorting to buying another plane.

Rolling over to the left and nose diving indicates that the plane is stalling. Pulling too much up elevator, or trying to climb too steeply will cause this. Remember, the elevator controls attitude. Throttle controls altitude. Keep the climbs gentle until you get a feel for what the plane can do. In fact, just fly level for a ways after launch to let the plane get up to flying speed first.

mm2712 06-17-2005 10:46 PM

RE: planeHobby source patriot

here is the sells pitch, not sure what is true or not.
RTF Plane RC Electric Airplane New! Patriot 4 Channel

Other Available Images : >Image 1

Hobby Source 4-Channel radio system with 1500 feet range. Able to do barrel rolls, loops, and it can even fly upside down!
The Patriot - 4 Channel Electric Ready-To-Fly Airplane is the ONLY electric R/C Airplane package with TRUE gas trainer plane characteristics!

FEATURES INCLUDE:

- Exclusive throttle, rudder, elevator AND aileron controls
- High impact foam composite fuselage withstands most crashes
- Hobby Source 4-Channel radio system with 1500 feet range
- High Performance NiMH battery and wall charger included
- Able to do barrel rolls, loops, and it can even fly upside down!
- Speeds up to 70MPH! No, that is NOT a mistype!
- Everything is included and ready to go!

Any tips for fixing the wing or should I buy a new 1 andtry to get the main body apart?
Thanks