RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Electric Training (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-training-102/)
-   -   NEED HELP WITH NEW ELECTRIC 3D PLANE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/electric-training-102/5149476-need-help-new-electric-3d-plane.html)

dpsa98 12-22-2006 06:04 PM

NEED HELP WITH NEW ELECTRIC 3D PLANE

I am putting together my first electric plane. I already have one that was mostly pre built but this one is from scratch. I have a Charger RC "3D Shifty" that I am going to start to put together this weekend. I have all of the parts I need but I really have no idea how to mount them onto the plane. The directions are a little vague. The guy at my LHS was nice enough to soder all of the correct ends onto my battery and charger leads.

I guess I will tell you all of my parts/ I have a Hacker A20 motor with the X-20 ESC. My receiver is a Hitec Micro 05S 6ch that works with my Airtronics VG600 Radio and 3 of my servos are the GWS Pico Naro and I have one E-Flite S75 Sub Micro Servo that I will use with my planes elevator. My battery is a Tiger Power 3-Cell 1320Mah.

I would love to hear any advice that you may have about putting one of these together. Is there anything I should do or not do. Any tricks or tips I should know before putting one of these foam planes together? I have th CA glue for foam and activator also. Also does this setup sound pretty decent? I already have a parkzone typhoon that I upgraded the battery to Lipo and I enjoy that but it requires a bit more space to fly than plane like this one. With this I should be able to just play around with it out in front of the house instead of going to the park. If you wanted to take a look at a similar plane from the same company you can go to www.chargerrc.com. I don't know much about these planes except I got just the plane itself as a gift.

Anyway thanks for your help. If I get it up and flying this weekend I will take video of it and post video of my first crash ohhhhh I mean flight :D

Hatty 12-24-2006 01:28 AM

RE: NEED HELP WITH NEW ELECTRIC 3D PLANE

Velcro is a great way to attach things, especially the battery since you will probably be taking it off the plane often. I wouldn't rely on the adhesive to keep the velcro attached to the plane. Ive seen many people cut 2 slits in the fuselage and feed the velcro strap through them. Whatever you do, make sure there is a hard connection and not just adhesive. This method also works well for the receiver and esc, but not for the motor. I'm not familiar with those mounting methods, but take a look at the photo gallery and you will get ideas on how to do what you're asking.

The plane is a simple build so you shouldn't have any problems. Just make sure you have all the measurements correct before you start gluing. Extra time spend in the build will prevent many headaches when you fly it.

dpsa98 12-24-2006 03:38 PM

RE: NEED HELP WITH NEW ELECTRIC 3D PLANE

Thank you for your reply. I will take a look at the photo galery and check out what other people are doing.