Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Electrics to Glow Conversions
Reload this Page >

NitroPlanes cmp L-4 to .45 Enya?

Community
Search
Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

NitroPlanes cmp L-4 to .45 Enya?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 12:56 PM
skypiratescotty
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NitroPlanes cmp L-4 to .45 Enya?

Hey all

I've got a .45 Enya just sittin' here and am considering getting this electric L-4 to put it on. I've been wanting a glow Cub but don't want the standard yellow and the only L-4 I can find is this one at Nitroplanes.com. It has a 72" wingspan and the specs say flying weight is about 4-4.5 lbs which I would imagine a .45 would give awesome vertical performance. Anyone have experience with this plane? A few years ago I put a Magnum .15 on a Mini Funtana and it was a hoot so I.m thinking of another conversion, just need a little push I guess!!

Scotty
Old 02-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: NitroPlanes cmp L-4 to .45 Enya?

Here's the little push!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38252.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1557060  
Old 02-02-2011, 07:10 AM
skypiratescotty
My Feedback: (32)

Changed my mind and ordered a Kadet Seniorita EP that I'm going to convert instead. The trainer I'm flying now really doesn't fly that well and Kadets are getting harder to find so I thought I should get my hands on one while I can.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:48 AM
hemiflyer1
My Feedback: (2)

I did one with a saito 50. Flys nice. The flaps seemed a bit much though. On full flap  the plane will almost do a loop. All in all ,a easy convert. Just had to put a new firewall on it. Balanced good, having to add no weight, just  moved bat. pack to back of interior.