Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

EP foam to nitro

Old 03-06-2011, 06:18 PM
panchoboots

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default EP foam to nitro

I've recently jumped back into the hobby and found that the hobby shops carry little to know nitro engine planes. 10 years ago every plane on the shelf was nitro, and wood construction. I've always assumed that nitro would eat through styrofoam, so never considered using nitro engines on foam planes. The new foam planes dont appear to be normal foam, and ive sonsidered covering them with a clear coat or some of the new econocoat covering to protect them from the fuel. I know most of the older guys have stayed true to nitro and gas, but the younger generation loves buying batteries i guess. What are the basics every one looks for when switching these new planes from electric to glow? I think the great planes spad would be an easy one since its balsa built, but what about these foam planes?

Old 03-07-2011, 01:24 AM
Patxipt

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: EP foam to nitro

Elapor from Multiplex is glow-fluel safe, I've done a few conversions of this make, just look around the forum; MiniMag, EasyCub and the small biplane I can't remember the name right now.

Search this Thread