Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

EP foam to nitro

I've recently jumped back into the hobby and found that the hobby shops carry little to know nitro engine planes. 10 years ago every plane on the shelf was nitro, and wood construction. I've always assumed that nitro would eat through styrofoam, so never considered using nitro engines on foam planes. The new foam planes dont appear to be normal foam, and ive sonsidered covering them with a clear coat or some of the new econocoat covering to protect them from the fuel. I know most of the older guys have stayed true to nitro and gas, but the younger generation loves buying batteries i guess. What are the basics every one looks for when switching these new planes from electric to glow? I think the great planes spad would be an easy one since its balsa built, but what about these foam planes?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: EP foam to nitro

Elapor from Multiplex is glow-fluel safe, I've done a few conversions of this make, just look around the forum; MiniMag, EasyCub and the small biplane I can't remember the name right now.
    Club Saito member #632
    Once you hear the sound of a multicylinder 4-stroke, you\'\'ll be hooked forever!