Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Electrics to Glow Conversions
Reload this Page >

2 batteries hooked parrllel

Community
Search
Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

2 batteries hooked parrllel

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Wine Country Flyer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 batteries hooked parrllel

I have a plane that has to 600 mah nicad batteries connected to a y harness. At what rate should I be charging them? I plug the charger into the charge jack on the switch. I would really like an expert opinion.
Thanks in advance-John
Old 08-09-2011, 05:48 AM
ARUP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2 batteries hooked parrllel

I 'ain't no' expert but C10 for this combination is 120mA
Old 08-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Wine Country Flyer

120 ma. Is that the same as 1.2 amps? I'm getting old and all this stuff is pretty confusing. Ya know what I mean?
Thanks for your reply-John
Old 08-09-2011, 07:27 PM
ARUP

No prob! Think of it in terms of money. Ten dimes in a dollar, etc. Metric is way easier than Imperial inches and stuff. 1000mA = 1A so that'd be 0.12A. What kind of charger ya usin'? SR Batteries has good charging info. I'm sure there are other sites in which you can refer.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:22 PM
Wine Country Flyer

Hey by the waynice gallery ya have there. I have a wall wart that puts out 150 ma & I have a Vision Peak Untra & also a Triton 2 EQ. I sure I can make it work with one of them. And thanks again for toe come back.
John
Old 08-11-2011, 07:59 AM
ARUP

You're welcome and thanks for compliment on my Gallery! 150mA wall wart would be fine for slow charging. It's okay to pump more amps time to time. Just cycle batteries every now and then. Battery technology is changing by leaps and bounds. I'm dissatisfied with Nickel Metal Hydride batteries. I am embarking upon the newrest generation Li chemistry battery route. I only need batteries for Tx and Rx and won't be doing heavy 'mega' discharges like e-fliers do. I won't have to worriy as much about catastrophic battery failures like they do. Regards!