Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Electrics to Glow Conversions
Reload this Page >

OS 40 4 stroke in an Eflite Advance

Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

OS 40 4 stroke in an Eflite Advance

Old 10-27-2011, 04:03 AM
Bladebuster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OS 40 4 stroke in an Eflite Advance

Anyone familiar with the Eflite Advance. I was thinking about putting an OS 40 4 stroke in this plane. Anyone tried this.
Tried my first 4 stroke this year. Escapade, with a Magnum 52. Having a great time with it. I like the smaller engines. Not sure, but i thought maybe the Eflite Advance might be a good candidate for the OS 40.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:14 AM
apwachholz

Default RE: OS 40 4 stroke in an Eflite Advance

@Bladebuster -
Given the weight of the E-flite advanced, I think you'll pretty much have a rocket on your hands with an O.S. .40. :-) Power won't be an issue. The only thing that potentially could be an issue is room on the firewall and the ability to mount the .40 sized engine. I only say that because it looks like a .40 might be a tight squeeze but, I've never looked at the kit so it's only my opinion/insight.
Be that as it may, I converted an E-flite Piper Pawnee using an O.S. .25 and it had plenty of power going for it and the weight of my Pawnee was equal to your Advanced25e (Piper Pawnee - 4 - 4.25 lb (1.8 - 1.9 kg) vs. Advanced 25e - 3.70 – 4.20 lb (1.70 – 1.90 kg)). So I think you'll be fine with a .40. Post pix when you get the mod complete!

_aw
Old 10-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Bladebuster

Default RE: OS 40 4 stroke in an Eflite Advance

Thanks for the reply
I see OS also makes a 30 four stroke. Maybe that might be a better choice. Its also about $40 cheaper