Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OS 40 4 stroke in an Eflite Advance

Anyone familiar with the Eflite Advance. I was thinking about putting an OS 40 4 stroke in this plane. Anyone tried this.
    Tried my first 4 stroke this year. Escapade, with a Magnum 52. Having a great time with it. I like the smaller engines. Not sure, but i thought maybe the Eflite Advance might be a good candidate for the OS 40.

RE: OS 40 4 stroke in an Eflite Advance

@Bladebuster -
    Given the weight of the E-flite advanced, I think you'll pretty much have a rocket on your hands with an O.S. .40. :-) Power won't be an issue. The only thing that potentially could be an issue is room on the firewall and the ability to mount the .40 sized engine. I only say that because it looks like a .40 might be a tight squeeze but, I've never looked at the kit so it's only my opinion/insight.
    Be that as it may, I converted an E-flite Piper Pawnee using an O.S. .25 and it had plenty of power going for it and the weight of my Pawnee was equal to your Advanced25e (Piper Pawnee - 4 - 4.25 lb (1.8 - 1.9 kg) vs. Advanced 25e - 3.70 – 4.20 lb (1.70 – 1.90 kg)). So I think you'll be fine with a .40. Post pix when you get the mod complete!

_aw

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OS 40 4 stroke in an Eflite Advance

Thanks for the reply
    I see OS also makes a 30 four stroke. Maybe that might be a better choice. Its also about $40 cheaper