Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Electrics to Glow Conversions
Reload this Page >

Installing a 9cc Gas engine to a .46-55cc nitro plane

Community
Search
Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

Installing a 9cc Gas engine to a .46-55cc nitro plane

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 08:23 AM
Sound Blaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing a 9cc Gas engine to a .46-55cc nitro plane

Hi Friends
Just joined the RCuniverse Forum. I’m a beginner in this hobby although I’ve always had a passion for flying.
I recently bought a Seagull PC-6 Pilatus Porter as it is high wing aircraft with very good reviews for those who are beginners in this hobby.
The recommended glow engine size is .46-.55cu.in 2 stroke or .72-.82cu.in 4 stroke
I’m thinking of installing a 9cc gas engine instead. Is this possible on this plane as the cowling is rather narrow and small? If possible, what are the implications? For e.g. do I have to forego a lot of the cowling material. Will the plane fly well?
Anyone has done this modification? Would appreciate recommendations from any passionate flyers out there.
Regards