Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Evolution 1.0

Can anyone tell me anything about the Evolution 1.0 glowengine. Are they good/bad/relibale/ect? Any onfo would be great. This would be going on a 60 size top flight gold edition Corsair. About a 10 ponud plane.
    If you have a shred of doubt, dont fly your plane! And always have a few extra planes on hand.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Evolution 1.0

mine was a totoal waste of time,, nothing, and I mean nothing woudl make this engine reliable...

it was in a funtana 90s and it was a rocket when it ran, thanks god that was a good floating for all of those dead sticks..

go with an engine that is a proven and has a good trck record O.S., saito ect. ect.

RACE
    how low can you go !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: racelikustolit3k

mine was a totoal waste of time,, nothing, and I mean nothing woudl make this engine reliable...

it was in a funtana 90s and it was a rocket when it ran, thanks god that was a good floating for all of those dead sticks..

go with an engine that is a proven and has a good trck record O.S., saito ect. ect.

RACE
    Send it to me and ill make it run. As long as it isnt damaged! LOL!

ORIGINAL: racelikustolit3k

You too huh?!?

I ended up putting in a Saito 1.00 Four Stroker in my Funtana, and I'm STILL flying that plane today!

I must have well over 300 flights on it by now.

The Evolution is a nice expensive ( #c$r*a$p ) paperweight...

In contrast the PTS and .46 engines have been very reliable for me.
    There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Howdy
    I have two of these engine and one worked just great out of the box.i mounted it on its side and it worked just great no problems what so ever.
    The other i installed it inverted and it was a horror storey.
    In the end i installed it on its side and after that it works just great.
    I even changed tank locations just to try other things.now i run duel tanks so i can get the tanks up higher.
    Hope this helps
    Take care
    Frank
    FRANK

Tank height really only affects SIPHONING of fuel when the plane is sitting on the ground with the engine off. Siphoning will make the engine difficult to START or hydrolock the head.

(well in actuallity it COULD affect normal engine running, but this would only occur in the rather unusual case where the tank was significantly away from the engine... e.g. over 10" or so )....

Otherwise our engines would die out whenever the plane goes nose up or nose down.... where the fuel level is a good 6 to 18" BELOW or above the carb depending upon the plane

Any 2 or 4 stroke glow engine will run similiarly upright or inverted once started and properly tuned.

Typically when someone states that "running it upright or on it's side" cures the problem, it is because they have cleaned up some other issue in the process.

That said, for me the Evolution 1.00's have been a horror story no matter their positions...

Yet I run the marjority of my glow engines inverted w/o problems.

There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.