Community
Search
Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

Evolution 1.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:59 PM
RickShane
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution 1.0

Can anyone tell me anything about the Evolution 1.0 glowengine. Are they good/bad/relibale/ect? Any onfo would be great. This would be going on a 60 size top flight gold edition Corsair. About a 10 ponud plane.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:39 PM
racelikustolit3k
My Feedback: (73)

Default RE: Evolution 1.0

mine was a totoal waste of time,, nothing, and I mean nothing woudl make this engine reliable...

it was in a funtana 90s and it was a rocket when it ran, thanks god that was a good floating for all of those dead sticks..

go with an engine that is a proven and has a good trck record O.S., saito ect. ect.

RACE
Old 09-08-2010, 10:12 PM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: racelikustolit3k

mine was a totoal waste of time,, nothing, and I mean nothing woudl make this engine reliable...

it was in a funtana 90s and it was a rocket when it ran, thanks god that was a good floating for all of those dead sticks..

go with an engine that is a proven and has a good trck record O.S., saito ect. ect.

RACE
Send it to me and ill make it run. As long as it isnt damaged! LOL!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:29 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: racelikustolit3k

You too huh?!?

I ended up putting in a Saito 1.00 Four Stroker in my Funtana, and I'm STILL flying that plane today!

I must have well over 300 flights on it by now.

The Evolution is a nice expensive ( #c$r*a$p ) paperweight...

In contrast the PTS and .46 engines have been very reliable for me.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:56 PM
FHD

Howdy
I have two of these engine and one worked just great out of the box.i mounted it on its side and it worked just great no problems what so ever.
The other i installed it inverted and it was a horror storey.
In the end i installed it on its side and after that it works just great.
I even changed tank locations just to try other things.now i run duel tanks so i can get the tanks up higher.
Hope this helps
Take care
Frank
Old 11-23-2010, 02:21 PM
opjose

Tank height really only affects SIPHONING of fuel when the plane is sitting on the ground with the engine off. Siphoning will make the engine difficult to START or hydrolock the head.

(well in actuallity it COULD affect normal engine running, but this would only occur in the rather unusual case where the tank was significantly away from the engine... e.g. over 10" or so )....

Otherwise our engines would die out whenever the plane goes nose up or nose down.... where the fuel level is a good 6 to 18" BELOW or above the carb depending upon the plane

Any 2 or 4 stroke glow engine will run similiarly upright or inverted once started and properly tuned.

Typically when someone states that "running it upright or on it's side" cures the problem, it is because they have cleaned up some other issue in the process.

That said, for me the Evolution 1.00's have been a horror story no matter their positions...

Yet I run the marjority of my glow engines inverted w/o problems.