Community
Search
Notices
Employment, Jobs, Help Wanted in Radio Control Industry List your ad free for help wanted in the rc industry here. If you are seeking a job in the rc industry post your resume or other information as applicable here.

All of these ARFs being massed produced...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 07:34 AM
CKLLOYD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: All of these ARFs being massed produced...

Theres no money to be made in this fun hobby. Just lots of great fun people. I have been in this hobby for more them 40 years. I have had a few RC manfactoring companys from OLD TIME WIRE WHEELS over 30 years ago to my new company STAY GREEN AERO ENGINES. A dream job is all up to the person that holds that job. My dream job is setting on the edge of the river holding a fishing pole in one hand and a beer in the other. Just cant find a place or any one to hire me. Remember its not a job unless you get paid. And the next time your wife say's she has a job for you. DONT ASK HERE WHAT IT PAY'S... LOL. Chuck
Old 04-12-2013, 10:30 AM
1THEPALMER
My Feedback: (1)

A guy over on the Profile Brotherhood was into building for profit while he was back in school. Base build price for a kit build to bare bones stage was the price of the kit. Covering in simple two colour was extra and once again $50.00 min. (cost of three rolls mono for 40 size) Turnkey ready for flight was extra again. You covered the cost of kit ,covering, and supplied the servos linkages and motor.
Shipping extra.
The finished ready for flight labour cost for a 40 size easily topped $300.00 plus the materials. Not many were willing to pay that much but those that did were very pleased with the planes.
Brutis was able to make enough @ this to star in school and keep the Wolf away until he finished school and re started work.
He no longer builds for hire.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:58 AM
[email protected]
My Feedback: (444)

Hi folks, I build for other people because I filled my garage with planes and love to build. I don't think of building as a job. It's more like playing with other peoples' toys.

I make $10/hr, unless I get too involved :-} It pays for my hobbies, and sometimes a few bills.

Here are a few of the latest builds http://www.matoonline.com/davidsHobbies.htm
Old 08-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Bill Clark

some one once said " the best way to ruin a good hobby is to make a career out of it"
I am living proof
Old 08-27-2013, 05:28 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"some one once said " the best way to ruin a good hobby is to make a career out of it"
I am living proof"

I'd heartily agree to that one!
My first hobby was building plastic cars, slot cars and control line A/C. The best of the bunch was a Ringmaster with a McCoy 35
As a teenager, I worked on cars for fun. Even learned how to do "lead" bodywork.
Learning how to fly was next. This made an income necessary, so part time after school.

Electronics and shortwave radio hobbies eventually led me into a career, first with GE, then Hallicrafers/Northrop/Northrop-Grumman,
then followed by some years in electronics system management.
Now, I'm retired, back to working on my own cars lawnmowers, etc. when I have to, and flying R/C models.
Electronics as a hobby, thanks to the very small parts, has gotten beyond my once sharp vision, not to mention the cost of modern test equipment.