Community
Search
Notices
Employment, Jobs, Help Wanted in Radio Control Industry List your ad free for help wanted in the rc industry here. If you are seeking a job in the rc industry post your resume or other information as applicable here.

Financial support

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 02:20 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Financial support

Hello!My name Savely, I'm 15 years oldand I aircraft model builderfrom Russia.I love airplanes and do aircraft models for 2 years.Sorry, I'm badly at english.

I do not have rich parents,but aircraft modeling is too expensive to me.

I was 5 months doing a model airplane CANT Z1007 bis. It is a three-engine large aircraft.I make it as similar to a real prototype to participate in the competitions.

ButI have not enough money to buy a retraction, and many other accessories for the aircraft. I need a minimum of $ 300.I am very upset. I can not get the necessary parts for the aircraft.

I would be very grateful if you help me.A little bit, if you do not mind.I will thank you very much.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36832.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1848248  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 AM
[email protected]

Default RE: Financial support

Name:	Rp43327.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	1848250  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:43 AM
Goldenduff

I do not want to sound heartless but I work very hard and I cannot afford a project of that magnitude! 3 engines plus retracts and servos etc- the wife would kill me unless I starved to death first. 

That work shop looks fantastic too. There might be plans out there to fabricate landing hear retracts from scrap metal? 

Sorry if I am a bit grumpy this morning but at over 30yrs of age and full time employment I can barely afford to fly much more than foamies! 

If you think I am being harsh please send me money too!

Old 02-05-2013, 02:46 AM
[email protected]

Name:	Lj22802.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1848251  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:51 AM
[email protected]

I ask you, you to help me with money,if you do not mind.I do own an airplane. I'll send the finished picture plane.

Maybe you misunderstood me.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:30 AM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

He didn't misunderstand. He was being sarcastic with you.

And I will ask you not to come onto the forum and beg for money. If you were starving and needed food or a place to live, that might justify begging others for money, but toy airplanes are not a necessity of life. If you can't afford to finish a project, then don't start it. For that matter, if you can't afford the hobby then you just can't do it regardless of what your skills are. Very few of us are wealthy (mostly because we spend our extra time playing with airplanes instead of working!) so we plan out our projects as we are able to pay for them and wait as long as we have to for the big ones. I have been in the hobby 8 years now and I don't own an airplane as fancy and expensive as what you are planning. For a 15 year old kid to get on the internet and ask me and others like me to finance his dream project is actually pretty offensive. Get a job and pay for your own toys.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Joystick TX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

sjapa, I have been building and flying airplanes since 1948 and I did all sorts of odd jobs to earn money, from pulling weeds to selling outhouses door-to-door. You will feel much better if you earn your own money to support your hobby.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 AM
Goldenduff

thanks for the steer- wasn't sure if I was being too grumpy! At age 15 my most expensive toy would have been a £100 pound tamiya rc car- and that was luxury. I am planning a singel engine (.55 size) build and after 3 years of spending I have collected the airframe balsa kit, servos and brushless motor. I am currently saving for a 100amp esc, covering and some tools. I certainly would not even consider a three engine set up etc.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:24 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was 16-17 I worked all summer and weekends in the fall as a masons laborer and earned enough to buy a Kraft 6 channel radio system , a Dumas Big Swamp Buggy ,and  a Sweet Stick Kit,  from Tower. That was a lot of hard work and that stuff cost a lot of money for a 16yo but I was able to do it .
Old 02-05-2013, 08:24 AM
[email protected]

Please forgive me.I understood you. Please remove this topic
Old 02-05-2013, 08:53 PM
jester_s1

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Things may be different in Russia Sjapa, but in the US we really value earning things yourself. That's doubly true when it's luxury items like RC toys, boats, motorcycles, and such. Do you have a source of income to buy hobby things with? Do your parents help you at all?
Old 02-22-2013, 05:10 AM
jetmech43
My Feedback: (9)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

not very smart to post your credit card number to the public either,
Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 AM
[email protected]

Please remove this topic!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:05 AM
AIRPLANENUTS
My Feedback: (2)

I had a job when I was 15, and still couldn't afford r/c. So, I flew control line. Makes me appreciate being able to have r/c at this stage in my life. If you work hard for something, rather than have it given to you, you will appreciate it much more.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:49 AM
Appleby542

Привет, как дела. Я очень впечатлен с вашей работой. Если вы посылаете мне личное сообщение с вашими данными банковского счета Я отправлю деньги. Я прошу прощения за грубость моих коллег-американцев. Ваш самолет выглядит красиво.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:49 AM
expresscraft

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The guys are giving you good life tips, But your model is very nice,I am broke from building models for a living. But if I had the money I would send it just to help the future of the hobby. after owning a hobby shop for 20+ years the craftsman are fading away. any more its a world of ARF's. And to see someone your age with initiative (maybe bad judgement, to be expected at 15. Don't care where you where born.) is encouraging. You have done nothing wrong and the replies you have gotten is whats wrong with our hobby over all. your a 15 year old kid, and to lose site of that is simply wrong. life is not all about money and what you did to earn it.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:54 AM
rcjunky67

I can relate to how this kid feel's, and for the most part, I also agree that this or any other forum regarding rc is not the place for asking for $$$. And I agree with the other posters here. to an extent. This kid isn't in a capitalist country, so I'm sure there's not much oppurtunity to do odd job's in a country where the government says when you can and can't wipe your own *****. Kid, you don't seem to have a problem building a kit, but you have to learn to be patient.

My own odd job money as a kid went to help my single mom pay bills and buy food , and she worked two full time jobs for a long time. I myself was almost 42 before my life responsibility's allowed me to chase my hobby dreams... So hang in there, you have plenty of time to get her done .
Old 09-10-2014, 08:29 AM
rcjunky67

and i wonder what appleby542 said to him
Old 10-06-2014, 02:22 PM
greenjeep
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by rcjunky67
and i wonder what appleby542 said to him

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=russian+to+english