Community
Search
Notices
Employment, Jobs, Help Wanted in Radio Control Industry List your ad free for help wanted in the rc industry here. If you are seeking a job in the rc industry post your resume or other information as applicable here.

Look for a career.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:20 AM
knbaudio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look for a career.

Hello Rc world,

I'm searching for employment in the Rc world. I have had many jobs in my life and titles, but nothing to say is my life career. Currently stuck at a died end job with no advancement, raises, healthcare, retirement,ect. I grew up working in this field and now at 39 years old its not taking care of the family or making headway. So I'm currently looking to find a career in something I love and enjoy to do. I have been doing Rc for over 29 years. I started with electric cars and quickly moved up to nitro cars and string planes. I tried my hand at planes when I got into high school but had little success. I then moved into boats as that was and still is a passion of mine. Ive stayed with boats most my life to the point I had over 25 of them. I mostly run gas powered Rc boats now and just got into mini Rc helicopter this past week. I owned a signs and graphics shop for many years, restored old cars, boats, motorcycles. I designed and built car stereo systems to fiberglass boats. There are many fields I've worked in and grew up doing as I was raised to do hard work learn everything you can and you will always have work. Yes that is true but I'm also wanting the long term career with a retirement and not the job that doesn't care of the employees and there future.

So please email me at
[email protected]
Thanks kyle
Old 11-21-2013, 08:29 AM
The Krank

Sounds very much like what I'm trying to do. Myself, I figure other then employment at a hobby shop, there's no realistic way to simply stumble on a job like that. That's why I figure I have to start from the ground up and make my own. That's what I'm shooting for anyhow. Want to start a manufacturing company with focus on cars rather then planes. If you put the effort into it I think you can do what you enjoy too.

-Kyle
Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 AM
knbaudio

retirement what that !!! I've worked manual labor all my life and ended in the marina industry for over 28 years. just making enough to pay bill and raise 2 kids now my wife's job dropped all spouses from insurance. so I would love to just drop everything and do what I love and make a living at it, but I live in a town that is slowing closing down. so I work hard in everything I do and hopefully one day get paid for a career in what I love to do and less stress than one that can kill me everyday now.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:42 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"long term career with a retirement and not the job that doesn't care of the employees and there future"

Unfortunately, those jobs are more or less history in the US. The trend started in the 70's, and the recent
economy downturn, coupled with a "make money today, and worry about tomorrow tomorrow" attitude
just show that the trend is continuing. In my opinion, the "middle class" has just about disappeared,
and government and employers have happily contributed to the problems.

Circumstances forced me to take an early retirement in 05, and today, I'm vary happy that it did.
My son, now about 32, will have a very difficult time accumulating the money needed for retirement,
as present salaries are not much more than just enough to make ends meet.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:48 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by knbaudio
retirement what that !!! I've worked manual labor all my life and ended in the marina industry for over 28 years. just making enough to pay bill and raise 2 kids now my wife's job dropped all spouses from insurance. so I would love to just drop everything and do what I love and make a living at it, but I live in a town that is slowing closing down. so I work hard in everything I do and hopefully one day get paid for a career in what I love to do and less stress than one that can kill me everyday now.
We came awful close to starting a marina in Florida decades ago. The last straw in the scheme was that my mother had older relatives in Illinois, and did not want to move.
My younger brother was a decent mechanic, and loved outboards. I was an ex-Navy electronics tech, and specialized in radar and communications, with sidelines in sonar and loran,
and had worked as a mechanic and rebuilder. We all liked boats, and had owned or operated them for quite some time.
My father, who hatched the scheme, had been trying to get my mother to move to Florida since the 1950's.
He even had the state of Florida offer a very well paying position, and an appropriate location was available.
Eventually, the older relatives died off, and by that time, my father retired, and finally moved to Florida,
I was overseas as a tech rep for military aircraft electronics, and my brother was working for Allis Chalmers.
At the end, the opportunities had been taken by others, my brother had died suddenly, and my fathers health was failing.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:10 AM
puppydogfish

We came awful close to sellmaplestory starting a marina in Florida decades ago.