Notices
Employment, Jobs, Help Wanted in Radio Control Industry List your ad free for help wanted in the rc industry here. If you are seeking a job in the rc industry post your resume or other information as applicable here.

Tech for Hobby Shop in Long Beach, CA

Old 10-28-2013, 07:50 AM
RC_StreetShop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tech for Hobby Shop in Long Beach, CA

Hey there,
We are a brand new hobby shop in Long Beach, CA, if you live close by and interested, please give us a shout
here is or official add:

Hobby Shop Repair Technician
As Repair Technician, you will be the most critical link in ensuring that our customers have a rewarding experience that will keep them coming back to our store time after time. You will become part of a dynamic environment where your ability to troubleshoot and repair radio controlled products will make you an important part of our team. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to demonstrating OUTSTANDING customer service skills, providing product knowledge to our customers and working as part of a team to meet individual, department, and store objectives. This position has performance based incentives available.
Ideal candidates have:
  • Radio Control Hobby background, preferably 2 years experience or more
  • Basic knowledge of mechanical assemblies
  • Basic Soldering electrical connectors
  • Good verbal and written communications skills
  • Organizing status on repairs, parts orders, and completed services
  • Read and understand technical drawings, datasheets, and written work instructions
  • Able to test continuity using ohmmeter or other standard testing equipment.
  • Able to diagnose and repair Radio Control Cars and helicopters
  • Able to tune nitro and gas engines
  • Able to diagnose and reprogram a variety of electronic speed controls
  • Basic understanding of batteries and charging
  • Able to work INDEPENDENTLY from completion to end of each project. Must also be able to work well with team dynamics

Thanks,
Garry.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:54 PM
clamport

Hi Garry, I live in the South Bay area and would be interested in applying for your open position. How would I go about getting an application?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:13 AM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And what do you intend to pay such a paragon of virtue?
Long Beach is (or was) a mecca for retired military that may have the skills you need.
It, as I remember, is also relatively expensive area, compared to many others.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:55 AM
McCrazy

I would love to have this job as it is in my home area and I seem to be fully qualified (need some work on the ESC programming though). Unfortunately I am still active military and living in Tennessee.

Pity...