Community
Search
Notices
Employment, Jobs, Help Wanted in Radio Control Industry List your ad free for help wanted in the rc industry here. If you are seeking a job in the rc industry post your resume or other information as applicable here.

Looking for Senior Management Job - 2009

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 12:05 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for Senior Management Job - 2009

Hello,

I'm an active duty military officer who's planning to retire after a successful 22 year career in military tactical aviation. I have a Bachelors degree in Physics from Cal State Fullerton, a Master's in Engineering Management from Florida Institute of Techonology, a Master's in Strategic Studies (with Honors) from the U.S. Naval War College, and am a graduate of the U.S. Navy Test Pilot School. I've got 2000 hours in tactical jets and have flown over 30 types of full scale aircraft. I'm also an avid, though medium skilled, RC aircraft modeler and flyer.

In terms of job skills, like many career officers, I've done everything from unit level public affairs, management of a small division of aircraft maintainers (about 40 Sailors), and served as both a developmental test pilot and test pilot instructor (systems engineering syllabus), and an Adjunct Professor for the U.S. Naval War College. I've served as Chief of Staff to a Flag officer, responsible for day to day operations and administration of a global, 4000+ person organization responsible for network operations and communications around the globe, and I'm currently serving as the number two guy at a Naval Air Station, where my job is much like a city manager (oversight and management of 1590 housing units, 7000+ population, police, fire, and public works services and oh by the way, an airport with 250,000 takeoffs and landings a year). I have managed projects in a variety of areas, big and small, as a routine part of these and other jobs too numerous to mention. I'm even familiar with aspects of law enforcement and even union and labor issues. I'm accustomed to having both large and small staffs, and can easily function in a matrix organization.

As for RC modeling, I got back into the hobby with both feet a couple years ago, and albeit hampered by a small budget, would love to find a way to do this for a living after I retire. I am seeking a senior management position in the industry, and would be willing to relocate. I bring to your company a 22 year track record of being dumped into jobs for which I have no training, no experience, and no specific education, and performing superbly.

If you think I could bring a fresh perspective to your company or organization, feel free to contact me: [email protected] Again, I'm looking to retire on/about June 2009.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:15 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Looking for Senior Management Job - 2009

For those companies that work with the goverment, my SSBI is current as of summer 2006, so transfer in status or clearance shouldn't be a problem.