Notices
Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

St g90 gas conversion tuning issues

Old 12-13-2012, 11:03 AM
KenLambert
My Feedback: (107)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: St g90 gas conversion tuning issues

did you send a carb with it? Sounds like it is dried out and needs rebuilt. If I remember correctly it was a used engine and had a used carb so that may be your problem.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: St g90 gas conversion tuning issues

ORIGINAL: mvarzoni

Ken Lambert,

A year ago, I sent my ST G90 to you, for servicing, after that, I got the engine, but I never flew again until last week.
I need your help, because I just cant make it to run, if i let the shoke on, it starts and runs ok, if I opend the shoke, it runs for another 15 seconds and go off.
Do you have any tip of what could be causing such problem?

Thank you!
Mauricio
mvarzoni, make sure you use fresh gas & also make sure the carb has good menbranes in it. Get a new carb kit for it. Also if you can get AV Gas (for full size airplanes) use that. It will not gum up your carb or ruin the rubber parts inside. Hoping you have better results. Capt,n P.S. Ken does top notch work...not too worry!