Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

20mm Walbro for MITSUBISHI 33cc?

Hello everyone.

Iยดm converting a mitsubishi 33cc weedwacker engine.

It has a 10mm carb on it.

Yesterday I got a Walbro 20mm carb....do you think this might work and help performance of this engine or is it too much.

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards ..Victor.
    If I say that the Burra is Prieta is because I have the pelos in my hand.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 20mm Walbro for MITSUBISHI 33cc?

I think you are probably measuring the wrong part of the carb. What you want to measure is the smallest part of the carb throat which is called the "venturi".

You want one of two Walbro carbs for your engine:
    Look just inside the entrance of the carb near the choke. It will have a number cast into the carb throat. You want either a 28 or a 32.

The 28 is an 11.1 mm venturi.

The 32 is a 12.7 mm venturi.

AV8TOR
    If it is not SCARY, it is NO WHERE NEAR powerful enough!!
    All R/C planes have expiration dates---> It's just not printed on them anywhere!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello, av8tor1977, and thank you.

I have just measured again and it is a 20mm Walbro carb....It has the numbers 34-51 in the choke

I leave in Mexico city at an altitude of 2240 metres (7350 ft) so maybe the extra airflow would compensate for the loss of power given the altitude

Would the engine work properly with such a big carb???

Thanks everyone.
    Vร*ctor
    If I say that the Burra is Prieta is because I have the pelos in my hand.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NO. If the smallest part of the throat of that carb is actually 20mm, it is far too large a carb for that engine.

No se vale. Si el diametro del punto mas chiquito de la garganta del carburador mide 20mm, es demasiado grande para tu motor. !No sirve para nada! Te va a dar nada mas que problemas.

AV8TOR
    All R/C planes have expiration dates---> It's just not printed on them anywhere!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats a 13.5mm venturi carb and its still way to big for 33cc.

and as a reminder

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/RCU_..._377662/tm.htm

RCUNIVERSE.COM COMMUNITY POLICIES

RCUniverse.com is dedicated to developing and maintaining a friendly online community, where members of all ages and backgrounds feel relaxed and comfortable. Like any community, RCU has certain standards. When members join our forums, they agree to abide by these rules. To remain a part of the RCU community, members must be considerate of others. Repeated violations of these guidelines set forth below may result in a member being put on moderated status or, if the violations are extreme then access may be temporarily or permanently restricted to our forums.

TOPICS OF DISCUSSION:
    Although discussion forums encourage a wide range of opinions, please keep your posts focused on the topic of the thread and related to the forum you are submitting your message.

RCUniverse's chosen language is English. All other languages are subject to removal.

Each forum has a different topic, so what is appropriate in one forum or thread may not be appropriate in another.

RCUniverse.com is focused on R/C. Accordingly, topics must remain R/C related.

We do not permit political, social, religious, or other off-topic discussions. There are many places online to express your opinions on issues outside of RC so "RC" Universe is designed to be a place to talk just about RC.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What a jerk! I stated in both languages for the benefit of the OP. His English is excellent, but to avoid misunderstandings and to help him out, I stated my answer in both English and Spanish. Get a life!

I apologize for the flame, but I swear, if this post gets deleted, I'm going the way of TOM and Jodi....

AV8TOR