Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Starter problem

I've been doing the chain saw weed eater conversions and my hands and fingers can't take it anymore! whats or what is the best starter for lets say and 80cc engine and that i can still use on the 28 cc's Thanks .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Starter problem

http://www.sullivanproducts.com/StartersContent.htm

I don't have a "best" because I have only tried a few. I have the "Dynatron" it spins too fast with 24V and has too little toque at 12V. I actually snapped off the drive shaft on mine and had to repair it. When it gets slightly out of line at 4800 rpm things get exciting. I would look a the Megatron with the reduction drive.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a Dynatron running 24V but I have a 4:1 Miller reduction drive installed on it. 2400 rpm output. Bought it like new at a swap meet

I also have a Megatron that hooked to the truck battery does a pretty good job. I bought this at a garage sale.

Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am now using a trusty chicken stick. 5/8" dowel, with a short length of rubber hose. Got tired of &6$#=*&$^%_ my fingers!! For right handers, set prop at ten past seven. Works great. red

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Flyers in my flying field are mostly pylon racers.

They use standard Sullivan or any other Starter brand with LIPO 14volts Batteries and they really have power on them

Ive borrowed their starters for my converted engines and have more than enough power.

Hope it helps.

VĂ*ctor.
    If I say that the Burra is Prieta is because I have the pelos in my hand.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well thanks for all the ideas. the other mourning having coffee with the gezzer bunch at micky d's, one of the guys offered me a car starter, it was a small import, i took it home and tested it, it turned the right way, made up a handle setup bored a 1/4 -18 hole in the shaft put on a big sullivan cone and hooked a door bell button to the solenoid, 12v worked great up to 42 cc's. 50 or better not so good, hooked up 24v and fired my mac 90cc, but, secord try broke the bolt holding the cone, so i tapped it out to 5/16-20 and used and aircraft grade bolt to hold the cone on. starter to start my big engines 25 buck, flying the big airplane priceless. thanks again