Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

JAG engines?

Reply

Old 02-22-2015, 06:29 PM
  #1  
wnewbury
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Taft, CA
Posts: 136
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default JAG engines?

Is JAG engines still in business? Ryobi conversions, Hesperia CA. Thanks.
wnewbury is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 04:41 AM
  #2  
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)
 
Tidnab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clearfield, PA
Posts: 1,041
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Their website used to come up in a search,but doesn't anymore.Probably gone like Wackerengines disappeared a few years ago.The only place that still has Ryobi conversion parts is Carr Precision http://www.carrprecision.com/Pages/prod02.htm
Tidnab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:46 AM
  #3  
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)
 
w8ye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Shelby, OH
Posts: 37,558
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I had four Carr engines at one time. I did the conversion with Carr hubs and back plates. A couple had Carr mufflers.

I had a couple McCulloch 32's with conversion parts from the original C&H ignition company. They were nice. I liked the back plates better than the Carr ones. I made a couple copies of the C&H back plates and put them one my Homelites in place of the Carr backplates.

I liked the engines very well.

Last edited by w8ye; 04-19-2015 at 06:16 AM.
w8ye is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:58 PM
  #4  
captinjohn
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Hesperia Michigan, MI
Posts: 12,935
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by w8ye View Post
I had four Carr engines at one time. I did the conversion with Carr hubs and back plates. A couple had Carr mufflers.

I had a couple McCulloch 32's with conversion parts from the original C&H ignition company. They were nice. I liked the back plates better than the Carr ones. I made a couple copies of the C&H back plates and put them one my Homelites in place of the Carr backplates.


I liked the engines very well.
If you do not have photos...it did not happen!
captinjohn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:04 AM
  #5  
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)
 
Tidnab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clearfield, PA
Posts: 1,041
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Jag Engines is back up. www.jagengines.com
Tidnab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:21 AM
  #6  
raycamel
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: lombard, IL
Posts: 170
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I ordered some stuff from JagEngines, a month went by with no items and no contact, called and left a message, lady returned call saying owner had passed away, and business is closed.
raycamel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:54 AM
  #7  
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)
 
Tidnab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clearfield, PA
Posts: 1,041
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by raycamel View Post
I ordered some stuff from JagEngines, a month went by with no items and no contact, called and left a message, lady returned call saying owner had passed away, and business is closed.
Did you get your money back ? First it was Wackerengines,now Jag.I think that Lambert is still making parts http://www.lambertsrc.com/ Carr Precision doesn't have a website anymore,but may still be making parts if you call their number.Here's a couple I found 503-393-1922 and 503-533-9496 Also 541-923-4009, all in Oregon.
Tidnab is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 03:19 AM
  #8  
KenLambert
My Feedback: (106)
 
KenLambert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Livingston, TX
Posts: 868
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Tidnab View Post
Did you get your money back ? First it was Wackerengines,now Jag.I think that Lambert is still making parts http://www.lambertsrc.com/ Carr Precision doesn't have a website anymore,but may still be making parts if you call their number.Here's a couple I found 503-393-1922 and 503-533-9496 Also 541-923-4009, all in Oregon.
lamberts is still doing work but just moved and I have a long back log for now. I have beenfighting the power co trying to get more power in my shop I bought but I guess I will have tostart working with one machine at a time
KenLambert is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service