Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Gas to Gas/Glow conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2018, 02:02 PM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas to Gas/Glow conversion

I'm interested to know more about using gas/glow fuel mix with the Saito FG21 gas engine. The FG21 being an nice engine, but lacking "guts" to some degree.

I know that by changing to a glow F plug using an insert, one can run gas engines without the ignition module on e Gas/Glow fuel mix gaining some power and loosing some weight as the end result.

There is a big thread about the Glow to Gas conversion, but not much info on the Gas to Gas/glow mod and running.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2018, 07:34 AM
forrest gump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vasek
I'm interested to know more about using gas/glow fuel mix with the Saito FG21 gas engine. The FG21 being an nice engine, but lacking "guts" to some degree.

I know that by changing to a glow F plug using an insert, one can run gas engines without the ignition module on e Gas/Glow fuel mix gaining some power and loosing some weight as the end result.

There is a big thread about the Glow to Gas conversion, but not much info on the Gas to Gas/glow mod and running.

Thanks

You have got my attention now...This is exactly what i am inferring in my post about running Saito petrol engines on glow.You wont need an insert for the glow plug,it should just fit the fg20/21 or any saito petrol smaller that these.My query was the carb,would this be affected by methanol from the glow fuel.I agree it does sound naughty to want to run them on glow or a mix of the two fuels but there might just be something in this thought.I have dozens and dozens of perfectly running saitos from the tiny FA30s to my largest gem an FA 450R(75cc) Radial,but have only just recently started playing with their petrol ones,but even in this short journey into the petrol ones ,I am thinking about glow fuel as its seems a lot less hassle now and I am getting fed up with charging two rx packs,one for the plane and one for the Ignition.

Can I/we have any more thoughts from you experienced gassers on this forum.I am surprised not one person in the whole of RCU commented on my query over the last day or so.Is it just me questioning the saito petrol line up?
The following users liked this post:
captinjohn (12-01-2021)
Old 11-28-2018, 08:26 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

if he runs the Ignition/spark plug with the Glow/Gas mix his engine will produce more power than it will with the glow plug

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 11-28-2018 at 08:32 PM.