Engine Conversions Discuss all aspects of engine conversions in this forum

Walbro carburettor sizes.

Reply

Old 11-15-2018, 05:05 AM
  #1  
Jim.Thompson
Thread Starter
 
Jim.Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bellingen NSW Australia
Posts: 225
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Walbro carburettor sizes.

In several of the engine conversion threads, Walbro carburettors are identified by the size of the venturi.
One size that I am interested in is 12.7 mm.
Can someone tell me what model Walbro carbs are this size please?
Jim.Thompson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 04:43 AM
  #2  
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)
 
Tidnab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clearfield, PA
Posts: 1,065
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Jim.Thompson View Post
In several of the engine conversion threads, Walbro carburettors are identified by the size of the venturi.
One size that I am interested in is 12.7 mm.
Can someone tell me what model Walbro carbs are this size please?
Here you go Jim.Just click on each letter group and then to each carb.
Select the Series [Frontstep Customer Center 5 Frontstep, Inc.]
By looking at Gizmomotors site the WT 257,WT 1048 and the WT 771 must be the best carbs for an engine. https://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php/online-store

Last edited by Tidnab; 11-16-2018 at 04:49 AM.
Tidnab is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:49 AM
  #3  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 6,513
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Jim, I take the easy/lazy way. I simply order a replacement carb for a like displacement engine from an R/C engine vendor. Example, a couple of months ago I bought an airplane with a 3W 70 twin. Even after rebuilding the original Tillotson carb I still could not get it to work correctly. I ordered up a DA 70 twin Walbro replacement directly from DA. Works like a charm and since I ordered it from DA I know I got a genuine Walbro carb and not a knock off.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 11:18 AM
  #4  
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)
 
Tidnab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Clearfield, PA
Posts: 1,065
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
Jim, I take the easy/lazy way. I simply order a replacement carb for a like displacement engine from an R/C engine vendor. Example, a couple of months ago I bought an airplane with a 3W 70 twin. Even after rebuilding the original Tillotson carb I still could not get it to work correctly. I ordered up a DA 70 twin Walbro replacement directly from DA. Works like a charm and since I ordered it from DA I know I got a genuine Walbro carb and not a knock off.
What was the Walbro number on that DA 70 twin carb ?
Tidnab is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 12:40 PM
  #5  
Jim.Thompson
Thread Starter
 
Jim.Thompson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bellingen NSW Australia
Posts: 225
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Tidnab View Post
Here you go Jim.Just click on each letter group and then to each carb.
Select the Series [Frontstep Customer Center 5 Frontstep, Inc.]
By looking at Gizmomotors site the WT 257,WT 1048 and the WT 771 must be the best carbs for an engine. https://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php/online-store
Thanks for that Tidnab!

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
Jim, I take the easy/lazy way. I simply order a replacement carb for a like displacement engine from an R/C engine vendor.........................


Yes. I found a similar correlation which confirmed my choice of model carb for the OPS engine I have.
Thanks for the reply.
Jim.Thompson is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service